• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Disney Castle skin or model +rep for help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really think someone will bother making one, you see, this Disney castle is a bit complicated in structure, an architecture that Warcraft III won't really support visually. You need to make the building out of destructibles. Make the main part of the castle to be targetable (Art - Selectable in Game = True, or, if it is a unit, just have it treated as a simple structure) and the rest parts of the castle make them untargetable.
Then, check when the main part dies and kill every destructible in circle of type e.g. "castle parts".
  • Trigger1
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit dies
  • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Disney Castle (Main tower)
  • Actions
    • Set Point1 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
    • Destructible - Pick every destructible within 500.00 of (Point1) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • If (All conditions are true) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
          • If - Conditions
            • And - Conditions
              • (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Disney Tower
              • ((Piecked destructible) is stored as a handle of (Triggering unit) in Hashtable) Equal to True
            • Then - Actions
              • Destructible - Kill (Picked destructible)
            • Else - Actions
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)

dab

dab

Level 10
I actually once tried creating a skin for exactly the castle to make it look like the disney one. However, i never finished and the unwrap looks horrible, you can give it a try:
Disney Castle WC3.jpg
Disney Castle WC3_2.jpg
Disney Castle WC3_3.jpg

And here's the .TGA:
View attachment TownHallCastleKeep2.tga

Level 14
ermm... i may have misunderstood your last post i_brg_doom, but you dont need skinning or modelling skills to use a skin. its for the standard warcraft3 RoC castle model (2nd upgrade of human base - town hall)

btw dab, i dont think its that horrible. quite similar to the real one actually. maybe you should have converted the file to .blp though...

EDIT: i did misunderstand :S

Last edited:

dab

dab

Level 10
ermm... i may have misunderstood your last post i_brg_doom, but you dont need skinning or modelling skills to use a skin. its for the standard warcraft3 RoC castle model (2nd upgrade of human base - town hall)

btw dab, i dont think its that horrible. quite similar to the real one actually. maybe you should have converted the file to .blp though...

What he said. And have you checked the UNwrap? xD, it looks freaking annoying. Oh well

dab

dab

Level 10
so would it look goof if i use the skin yes or no? if it does than i use it and you get credits for it :p
¨

Well, if you know how to import it, yes it looks like the pictures then(without the strange building stuff ofc). This ONLY applies to the human townhall 2nd upgrade, so you'll have to use that in order to get this working.

Status
Not open for further replies.