• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Disabling Unit Control during Cinematics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Another little problem has shown up ;).

When I'm making cinematic, units are doing whatever they want - mainly attacking opponent, what is my problem here.

How to disable computer unit control, so units would just stand and do ONLY trigger orders? (changing particular sides to neutral/ally etc. isn't a comfortable way, because then i.e. we cannot order a unit to cast a spell (which requires a target to be enemy)).

Thx in advance.

Level 2
Uhh, there should be an option for the Cinimatic. It'll say something like "Cinimatic: Disable unit control" or something like that.

Obviously it's not what I'm talking about. (topic name is only misleading)

With a cinematic, Unit - Pause All Units would probably work quite well.
If you have need to order some or so, unpause those particular ones with the specific Unit - Pause/Unpause Unit.

Hmm, sounds as much complicated as changing sides of those units, but I'll try that - maybe it's lil better.

Anyway I can't believe there isn't any common trigger to disable that o_O . It causes problems a little in cinematics...

Rui

Rui

Level 41
In Blizzard's cinematics they turn every unit invulnerable.
I don't know if units with the ability "Invulnerable (Neutral)" can be turned vulnerable with a trigger, but if that is the case, use a condition to filter units with that ability.

Level 2
Making invulnerable/vulnerable sounds not bad - I need to try this out. But still.. doing attacks on those units is impossible then ;].

EDIT:
Yea - making units invulnerable works surely better than pausing them - we can order then in this state to do smth at least...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.