Patch 2.0 (December 30th, 2021)
Version 2.0 introduces a new game mode with custom races! These races are based on creations by members of Hive, specifically from a large project named Ultimate Battle
The new races are:
- Blood Elves
These new races will not
mix with the current, established races in the "classic" game mode.
Changes made since version 2.0 TEST:
Some of you reading this might may know there was a test version around for quite a while, and since it was just an early test I didn't want to write down all changes. However, due to the fact V2.0 TEST
became the most played version I've decided to list some of the major changes to the new races anyway:
- Increased HP on all Dalaran units (not including elementals and heroes).
- Dalaran's shared Mana Shield spell has been removed.
- Geomancer has been removed.
- Magician has been removed.
- Aqua Elemental has been removed from the Kirin Tor Operative.
- Apprentice, Arcanist and Pyromancer have received new tier 3 spells.
- Arcane Curator (hero) has been removed.
- Spell Officer (hero) has been removed.
- New hero: Elementalist.
- New hero: Mage.
- New unit: Kirin Tor Guardian.
- New unit: Kirin Tor Curator.
- New unit: Rock Golem.
- Removed racial special buildings from Blood Elves.
- Red Cavalry has been removed.
- Air Charger has been removed.
- Monitor has been removed.
- New Unit: Dragonhawk Rider.
- New Unit: Arcane Guardian.
- New Unique Unit (only one can be built): Phoenix.
- Dark Rogue's Phase Strike spell now makes the unit invisible instead of increasing attack damage and armor.
- Gorgon has been removed.
- Wraithblade has been removed.
- Bone Walker has been removed.
- New unit: Abomination with hook spell.
- All units except casters now have individual "Evolve" upgrades.
- Water Dragon has been removed.
- New unit: Murloc Warrior.
- The map has received an entire re-skin for the terrain on classic graphics.
- Support for custom HD models (Reforged) has been dropped. This is due to both the sheer size of the models as well as the lack of variety. However, you can still turn on and play with Reforged graphics on this map.
- Players' main building now has the Reveal ability, which allows them to reveal any part of the map at the cost of 25 gold.
- Units can be sold for 100% of their price before entering the battlefield the first time. After entering the battlefield their sell price goes down to 75%.
- All units' attack speed reduced by 30%.
Note: Previously spells from supportive casters gave little-to-no value in mid-late game scenarios due to high damage units slaughted waves very fast. Especially casters with buffs and debuffs were not seen as much as units with pure damage output. This change is a step towards more vibrant playstyles.
- Wave timer has been increased to 34 seconds, up from 26 seconds.
Note: Though this change was necessary even before the attack speed nerf, it is now needed to an even greater extend.
- Unit lifespan increased to 130 seconds, up from 96 seconds.
Note: Increased because of the wave timer change.
- The Fortress and Watch Tower have been moved further apart from each other.
- Watch Tower total HP reduced to 1200, down from 2000.
- Watch Tower attack interval increased to 0.30 seconds, up from 0.20.
- Fortress attack interval increased to 0.50 seconds, up from 0.40.
- Fortress now deals splash damage.
- Item sell price increased to 75% up from 50%.
- Reduced supportive casters' cast time to 0.1 second. In addition, casters now consistently move across the battlefield once they've finished casting. This is mostly related to unit casting buff spells, i.e. Inner Fire, Anti-Magic Shell and the like.
- Increased scan range on hero crowd control abilites to search further for enemy heroes.
- Phoenix Egg revive now takes 20 seconds, up from 10 seconds.
- Aerial Shackles damage per second reduced to 15, down from 30.
- Spellbreaker gold cost increased to 155, up from 145.
- Siege Engines now prioritize air units.
- Gryphon Rider gold cost increased to 260, up from 250.
- Shadow Hunter: Big Bad Voodoo duration reduced to 15 seconds, down from 20.
- War Stomp cooldown increased to 20 seconds, up from 15.
- Wind Walk backstab damage increased to 100/140/180, up from 70/110/130.
- Wind Rider range reduced to 550, down from 600, and attack speed reduced in addition to the attack speed nerf.
- Batrider: Cost increased to 200 gold, up from 190.
- Batrider: Unstable Concoction splash damage reduced to 90, down from 120.
- Raider: Increased Ensnare duration to 12 seconds, up from 10.
- Raiders now have Pillage. Each time the unit hits a structure the player gains 1 gold.
- Ghoul Frenzy research now requires Halls of the Dead instead of Black Citadel.
- Skeletal Mastery now causes Raise dead to summon two skeletons, one of which being a Skeletal Mage. Previously, this research upgrade only caused the summoned skeletal to be changed to a Skeletal mage.
- Crypt Fiend: Increased Web duration to 12 seconds, up from 10.
- Destroyer: Orb of Annihilation splash factor reduced to 30%, down from 45%.
- Destroyer: Absorb Mana now prioritizes the closest target. Cooldown has been reduced to 25 seconds, down from 30.
- Frost Wyrm: HP increased to 575, up from 529.
- Crypt Lord: Spiked Carapace returned damage increased to 33/66/100%, up from 25/50/75%.
- Tranquility life healed per second reduced to 12, down from 20.
- Hippogryph gold cost reduced to 65, down from 75.
- Hardened Skin ignored damage reduced to 8, down from 12.
- Huntress: Moon Glaive upgrade moved to tier 2 instead of tier 3.
- Priestess of the Moon: Starfall duration reduced to 12 seconds, down from 15.
- Warden: Now blinks horizontally backwards, instead of in the opposite direction of her attacker.
- Pit Lord attack cooldown reduced to 1.80 seconds, down from 2.05.
- Fixed an issue where buildings were created in the center of the map when observers were present.
- Fixed a skin problem that made units disappear from the builder and hero builder.
- Blademaster no longer uses bladestorm when only air units are nearby.
- Fixed Tavern hero air attack speed when carrying an Orb item.