• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Dialog Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
For some reason, the dialog won't pop up for anyone except Player 1 (Red).

• HS RepickStart
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters hs reject <gen>
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Equal to p_hero[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]
    • Actions
      • Set tempP = (Owner of (Triggering unit))
      • Set tempInt = (Player number of tempP)
      • Set tempLoc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Dialog - Change the title of hs_repickDialog[tempInt] to Repick hero?
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for hs_repickDialog[tempInt] labelled Yes
      • Set hs_repickDialogButton[(tempInt x 2)] = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Create a dialog button for hs_repickDialog[tempInt] labelled No
      • Set hs_repickDialogButton[((tempInt x 2) + 1)] = (Last created dialog Button)
      • Dialog - Show hs_repickDialog[tempInt] for tempP
      • Unit - Order p_hero[tempInt] to Stop
      • Camera - Pan camera for tempP to tempLoc over 0.00 seconds
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempLoc)
I have looked over this thing and burned it in to my eyes from going back and forth on it. If you need me to post any of my declarations from elsewhere I can.
I don't understand why it wouldn't show up, though I don't know much about dialogs. I should mention that the hero IS stopped, so I know the hero variable is set correctly.

Level 3
Is the dialog supposed to show up for everyone when a unit enters the region? If so, the problem might be here:

• Set tempP = (Owner of (Triggering unit))
  • -------- stuff --------
  • Dialog - Show hs_repickDialog[tempInt] for tempP
No it's just supposed to pop up for the player that entered the region. Essentially it's just a repick option via dialog box for an ORPG.
My apologies for the late reply, I had a 13 hour shift yesterday got home and went to bed.

EDIT: I suppose I misunderstood how dialogs work and I was using an array for the main dialogue because I thought I needed to instance them and create one for each player. I removed the array and tested it and it seemed to work okay so somewhere I must have messed up on the array and setting it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.