• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dialog Button Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I've got a dialog set up that has 13 buttons. The first 12 work fine, but the last one does nothing. I'm sure I set it up properly. This is what it is:
  • Back Button 2
    • Events
      • Dialog - A dialog button is clicked for dialog[2]
    • Conditions
      • (Clicked dialog button) Equal to Dialog_3_buttons[13]
    • Actions
      • Dialog - Hide dialog[2] for Player 1 (Red)
      • Dialog - Show dialog[0] for Player 1 (Red)
Is there a set limit of 12 buttons on a dialog? If so, can it be changed?

Level 5
I don't really do Dialog boxes, but I know it's possible to get at least 13 to work. I haven't done it, but try looking through the files for a Life of a Colonist map. I know that both the Ship Builder and Slave Trader have dialog boxes to give to players 1-12 as well as a "cancel" button. You can always try making the boxes link to each other so the last option on each is Next Page or Go Back. it means having 2 boxes but should make a nice workaround.

Level 5
Are you sure the trigger attached to it is working?

When the button is clicked, add

Event: send message to all users: this is a test.

to the end. then click the button. If you messed up the trigger, then none of the events will work and neither will the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.