• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Diablo III Cinematic World Premiere at the VGAs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
WZW64BEERQ951323466243170.jpg

Be sure to tune into Spike TV’s Video Game Awards tomorrow night, December 10 at 8:00 p.m. / 7:00 p.m. Central. Diablo III’s full opening cinematic will make its world premiere during the show. It seems an appropriate time to share how the tone is set for our forthcoming game, as Spike has announced that they’ll bestow their second-ever Gamer God Award upon Blizzard Entertainment’s three founders, Mike Morhaime, Allen Adham, and Frank Pearce.
Check out Spike TV’s official announcement for all the show’s details and make sure your /popcorn is at the ready.

Last edited:
Level 14
Great graphics as always.

However it did remind me of the intro cinnematic from Wc3 RoC:

Diablo 2 Intro seemed better really. Maybe it's just me, but I'm getting tired of 'the great conflict' theme. Now-a-days it's in all the Blizzard games. In Wc3 they did it right. It was a strategy game about war, they used the greater conflict to expand the world and set it up for their mmo World of Warcraft. And if memory serves right, there was no mention of any prophecy what so ever in Wc3.

But now it's the greater conflict in SC2 and now D3 too. Doesn't Blizzard make character oriented stories where there is no cheap greater conflict!?

Anyway, without further ado, Diablo 2 Intro:

Level 34
Video game trailers almost always disappoint me. More people need to watch the MGS ones. I don't even play MGS, but I love the trailers. Nothing cool happens in the D3 opening. They show the battle between deamons and angels in some "artistic" garbage, and then the CGI is just peoples faces. Lame.

Level 14
Since WoW, Blizzard ceased to put any heart and soul in their games.

@Gilles: Halo trailers are ownage.

It's just that after Wc3 and Vanilla WoW, the Blizzard employees we know and love stopped working directly on the games.
Now Blizzard simply pays people to create their sequels. I guess old Blizzard had their share of fun and excitement in this industry and now just want the money. Meh.

Level 17
I remember watching wc3 rendered scenes with gaping mouth just as I watched the first wow cinematic even if it was just sparkles and no substance
Illidan cinematics made my back shiver with goosebumps
then the ghayrtas came and all the other stuff that blizzard pretended to be in warcraft lore since the begining

this cinematic looks a lot like the one from not so long ago (soul stone was it ?)
also as Gilles pointed out their cinematics are usually just pretty faces, there is little work going into the rest

cinematics are pretty but shallow and they don't denote the quality of the final product
also pretty cinematics aren't really that hard to make, they are just low poly models with massive ammount of texture maps and geometry modifiers going around
it is only about how much time you are willing to sacrifice rendering it

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
still can't wait to see all the cutscenes for each act
I still can not wait to blow the hell out of the acts with a wizzard. I hope blizzard rewards us with an alternative ending for beating inferno difficulty (either the true ending or a bonus ending). Maybe a special hardcore ending as well (even if it is just 1 extra short clip).

Level 16
I watched the first wow cinematic even if it was just sparkles and no substance also pretty cinematics aren't really that hard to make, they are just low poly models with massive ammount of texture maps and geometry modifiers going around
it is only about how much time you are willing to sacrifice rendering it
I agree with you. Vampires do not sparkle!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.