• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo II Act One v4.1

This scenario is based on the popular Diablo 2 game. Featuring over 50 monsters, over 250 custom items and 10 unique heroes. Playable solo or co-op. Feedback/critism/bug report greatly appreciated.

Keywords:
Diablo, Diablo2, RPG, Role Playing
Contents

Diablo II Act One v4.1 (Map)

Reviews
18:17, 12th Aug 2008 Rui: Our reviewer deems this map acceptable. If you consider this map unworthy of being in the Hive Workshop, post in the Map Resource Moderation or leave a visitor message in Rui's profile.
Level 6
Review

Ok Wraithling, Time for my Review.

[+] The New heros seemed ok, But i still like the frist 7 the best.
[+] Very good on the normal diablo story, Along with monster all from diablo.
[+/-] Though the terrain followed Diablo, You chould have edited it more to look better. I see you Added water and other things not normaly seem in diablo, But make that terrain look alot better and this will be a even better map! (And add some Rain are something.
[+/-] The 2 Spawns are ok...But...OMG, I dont think you can kill dureil...I mean even with a full game...
[-] Though i hate to say Bad things about this great map, Terrain lacks alot...
[-] Add a diff setting...Normal Nightmare Hell...so you can make it harder are easyer.
[-] Last thing, work with items some more, And Make Act 2 ;)

Key...
[X] Is NOT Protected it can be opend and looked at, Dont edit with out Permission though.
[X] Map works fine on Bnet, and isnt Hacked. It is Wraithling's Map.
[X] None to Few Bugs found.

Over All...
4.5 / 5.0
This map IS Approved

~~~Nanoha Takamachi.

Level 16
=-Updated map-=

Wow super! Thanks for reviewing it.. helps in giving me ideas on what to improve. One player's satisfaction is another's grouse, you know, lol.

Hmm.. thanks for suggesting the difficulty level. I've got people saying it is too easy when playing with 4 players. So now I've added 3 difficulty levels, each with its pros and cons.

I'm a poor terrain designer, I'll admit that. So got any ideas on how I should go about improving it? I thought at first that maybe having large green fields would seem so like the original game, but not anymore when i saw ur review. Its now like.. large green field, house, green fields, rocks, a tree, green fields... haha =s

And oh my gosh.. after i submitted the earlier map i found out there's so many bugs with certain hero skills and the like. Now its fixed. Hope this new update is acceptable to those of you who don't like the earlier one =)

Keep those feedbacks coming in ya!
Thanks again Nanoha =)

Level 6
Ok, I have a Question.

Are you gonna make a Act 2? are Only Act 1?

And Diablo had some Dodads in it, But not many, It also Had Rain.

And though people may hate this idea, Why not Add a Cam Lock Command, Like Diablo 2, It Cam locks the Hero, Just a idea ^.^.

Ok thats all for now, Thank you.

Level 6
=-Updated map-=

Wow super! Thanks for reviewing it.. helps in giving me ideas on what to improve. One player's satisfaction is another's grouse, you know, lol.

Hmm.. thanks for suggesting the difficulty level. I've got people saying it is too easy when playing with 4 players. So now I've added 3 difficulty levels, each with its pros and cons.

I'm a poor terrain designer, I'll admit that. So got any ideas on how I should go about improving it? I thought at first that maybe having large green fields would seem so like the original game, but not anymore when i saw ur review. Its now like.. large green field, house, green fields, rocks, a tree, green fields... haha =s

And oh my gosh.. after i submitted the earlier map i found out there's so many bugs with certain hero skills and the like. Now its fixed. Hope this new update is acceptable to those of you who don't like the earlier one =)

Keep those feedbacks coming in ya!
Thanks again Nanoha =)

What about implementing the D2 monster difficulty settings? More Players = Stronger monsters : )
Could be done with a tech that actually decreases the units hp and damage, and that will be upgraded whenever a player leaves ( starting level = max players - players in game )

Level 16
Thanks for your suggestion SerraAvenger! Of course, it would be a great feature, which i would love to integrate into my next map, Act Two ^_~
As Act One currently has a feature which lets the host player to select the desired difficulty, i thought that another feature which decreases creep power with each leaving player would spoil the map's current formula. Either way, there is always Act Two :)

Level 2
Zzz... new vertion again?

Hi...
I play this map since 3.8a,b,c,d,e,f (DL from -Epicwar.com-)aready...
But there is bug i found in those vertion.
3.8a-3.8e = 1.(Sven) when sven level6 require skill (Poison.xx?) was level2
It was same can being 1skill killing
Intro write aready bug fix but it still same.
2.The last quest when i return the thing that require to
the owner, it cant be recive.

3.8f = The Boss Monster Beside the Word Tree (Quest to kill it) was
always stuck with the Word Tree.

Hope this v4.1 will not have any bug ^.^

PS Suggest.
1.Better if get more Boss & Weapon & Village
2.Those weapon will automatic remove while 1.5 or 2 minit, cause if too much
on the floor will causing bit L@G.
(The last place which have many potion on the floor, better remove those
potion cause its' useless)
3.Izit the Big Akasha is the last boss? (Make it Harder, its too easy to kill
even is Hell Difficult) - Better if it can respawn.
4.Those GOLD Name Weapon shal be only get from Boss_Rate Monster Drop
with low%. (It migh be more fun hunting Boss :grin:) add more about this
kind weapon.
And also same Gold Item that only can be draw from Loteri-Shop but not
drop :xxd:
5.Disable Single Player Entry Game. Only can play this game on Multi-Player
Mode. (Anti-Cheater :razz: GreeIsGooD-xxxxx.....Daddy....)

(Main)
6.Make sure -Save -Load system. Even in ACT2 also same.
7.If really got ACT2, please make sure the way loading character is easier
and working problely.

Is so sorry that to much command :ugly: Cause this really a nice map :thumbs_up:
Keep In Work... i will be waiting for your Perfect Job :gg:

Level 16
Yo, thanks for the tons of feedback there, and also the bug reports.

In this v4.1, most bugs have been fixed, including the three that you mentioned. First, the poison ability by Shadow Knight now works correctly; Second, Charsi now can receive the quest item correctly; and Thirdly, that monster that spawns in the tree all the time has been fixed - it now spawns a little to the right side of the tree :) My bad, my bad.

Nice suggestions :) Some I could implement, but some I can't do, for example-
1. There is only 1 village in Act One, the rogue encampment.
2. The Gold name items actually only drop from boss monsters, and only 3 of them. The other way is from the Lottery shop (Gambling). If they drop from other sources, do let me know, it should be fixed :/
3. I don't want to disable single player game.. remember the original warcraft and frozen throne single player campaigns? Those were fun, and I don't mind if players use cheatcodes, as long as they arent' able to do in multiplayer sessions.

Anyway, you have a point with my final boss being easy, I've buffed her up in this version, hope it works :) And I'm also thinking about a way to remove junks that's been lying around for too long, as well as a good save/load system (which i'll try to implement in Act Two).

Don't worry about giving me too much 'commands' because only then could i improve on the map. Thanks for the encouragement!

PS: Oops I forget. About the versions 3.8a,b,c,d,e,f (>_<) I didn't make those. It seems another player has opened my map an did some additions (without notifying me first) and then uploaded them again. V4.1 is now protected. My last official version was v3.8

Last edited:
Level 1
PS: Oops I forget. About the versions 3.8a,b,c,d,e,f (>_<) I didn't make those. It seems another player has opened my map an did some additions (without notifying me first) and then uploaded them again.

Yes, it's me.
I was very excited about to design my own hero (which was the Amazon)
This was her skills to the game.

- Critical Strike (not a hero ability)
- Multiple Shot
- Lightning Fury
- Evade
- Poison Javelin
- Mutated Valkyrie (Ultimate)

I was feeling mad, when I should have upload the same version, just with some new updates for my hero, which perhaps was developed again by you, Wraithling, and i was feeling very appreciated for have 'supported' your maps.
Wraithlings amazon has these skills:

- Critical Strike & Evade (Ultimate)
- Lightning Fury (Still 'alive')
- Magic Arrow
- Poison Javelin (Still 'alive')
- Naga Valkyrie (Mutated Valkyrie and still 'alive')
- Cold Arrow (i think, as a normal ability)

Multiple Shot seems to be an overpowered skill.

Level 1
diablo2 act 1

Yeah i love ur map !
the closest ever remake of diablo2 act 1
and since i cant play diablo 2 anymore cause i dont have my diablo 2 cd key only lod one, well this is the only diablo i can play.
Im really happy you will get a save system + a act 2 map !
damn this is the best :p
but yeah
for what i would like to see in your map is:
Make every1 be able to wear just 1 weapon,
make 2 handed weapon so if you got one you wont be able to wear sheild,
only barbarian could wear 2 weapon, or a 2handed + sheild
and seriously
that would be awsome..
i dont like the way it is/
having 6 weapon on a character..
that stupid
but yeah !
the map is great good job !!!

Level 1
+ Nice Ideas
+ Useful Items, nothing is to strong
+ Quests (Most Diablo maps doesnt got them)

- Monster Respawn, you may put an NPC into the Camp an give him the ability to spawn new monsters (e.g you could let him sell an item for 0 Gold, which respawns them all)
- Terrain could be better
- Most Heroes doesnt have useful Skills/ You dont create useful combinations
- Many Diablo II classes doesnt exist, thats fatal in a Diablo II map!
- There are no differences between to Barbarians for example, you cant play a WW-Barb or a Frenzy-Barb
- Best Skills arent implemented (e.g. Leap, WW etc)

Overall 3/5, many good Ideas, but it doesnt look like Diablo (Not from the graphical point of view, but from the gameplay)

Level 4
never i figured out how to play it rofl and i loved it! the only thing is that i was a druid right and it was fairly hard to get threw all the monsters with summons and even spells i never did lvl my grizzly tho maybe thts the key, im gonna try other characters...unless...youve made an act2!!! ill check thanks bye! 5/5

Level 4
It sadens me too looks like you've given up on making maps and stuff. You really did good too i enjoyed it so much. It gave that feel of like a little kid made this. but really thats impossible like a "beginner" created it. I really liked it, what would hav made it alot better is if u made some inventory kinda set up and atleast double the skills + THE GOOD ONES BUT IT AMAZES ME HOW IT CAME TOGETHER

Level 4
I think theres something wrong with the quests idk if you know but in diablo2 as you know some quests are optional that i norrmally skip for example i could get charsi quest till i completed the countess, i did but then i killed anderial (took like an hour on single player druid) and she never respawns so when i went to get my quest reward or whatever it wouldnt let me do anything so i went to charsi and found she finally wants to giv me a quest, i skipped the smith so i kill him and i was stuff

MAIN POINT! would be a good idea to respawn andy or let some quests be skipable IDK. LOVE THE MAP :D <333333

Level 16
Hi there. Well apart from your enthusiasm I couldn't quite make out the suggestions you're trying to put through, but know that I always appreciate feedback, so thanks. Also I'm just a low skill map maker and even if I'm going to make an Act 2 it won't be that great, when compared to the other Diablo maps that are already available on our Hive database. Just type 'Diablo' in your map search and check out the other maps, greets :D

Level 1
WOW awsome map xD deffnitly a 10/10 from me. i like the terrain and stuff, looks very simular to the actual diablo game. i myself am only about half way through, now inside theeeeee.... monastary. im enjoying it very much. the monsters and names and skill r very good, ive only used the necromancer so far, can't wait to try out the others :)

Level 2
Putting in a pretty late review.

The map is nicely done - I enjoyed playing it and it got me hooked into going back to playing the game itself. It's quite challenging as the game progresses, which is always a good thing, so I had to keep an eye out for Unique monster packs and the quest mobs. I initially started out with a Paladin, turning it into a healer for the entire game almost as trying to kill Corpsefire by myself or with other people was suicide if healing was limited to potions. Had a couple of laughs when I'd miss a heal and let someone die on accident.

There's a pretty big exploit in the game involving Duriel, though this takes a while to do and maybe a few deaths since he moves pretty fast. Definately doable with 2 or more people helping you even below level 10. As you know, monsters are not chained (unlike those in World of Warcraft and Diablo 2 (until you reach town)) to their locations. This means you're able to, once in a while, attack a unit and slowly drag it over from point A to B.

Me and my brother were able to kite Duriel all the way to the Rogue Encampment, using his Amazon and our hired Rogues. Once Duriel got in the camp, we hid in the space behind Akara as she and the trees blocked Duriel's pathing. So for about 5 minutes of shooting, Duriel was moving back and forth trying to squeeze through the small openings, and then he died without touching us. Improving Duriel's speed, giving him a slowing aura (like his Holy Freeze in the original) or reducing his pathing size so he can fit throuigh narrow areas can resolve this exploit.

Some abilities are -really- good at the start. But as you progress in the game, even though they scale, they become very weak when you start killing mobs in the Monastery. Most of the time, I didn't bother casting spells unless it was something that increased my attack damage or speed (i.e. Paladin's Fanaticism).

For shits and giggles, I played the Queen and used the Consume ability on my brother. Personally, I was thinking it won't do anything since the target is not under my control. Let's just say that he raged quite a bit and told me not to play the class anymore.

Additional events would be intriguing as well, since players can only summon the Hydralisk and Duriel once per game.

Other than that, again, this is a great map. I spent a day trying to find a map under your name with a more recent version or a release of Act 2, which I couldn't of course.

Level 16
Hi, and thanks for putting some time in writing down your thoughts. I'm always delighted to read a well-written review listing out the good and the bad.

First off, I apologize for the bugs you and your brother encountered. The bosses of Duriel (and the hydralisk), I must concede, added only as an afterthought for the more hardcore oriented players. Duriel is powerful and fast enough to take down a player one at a time, but once again I fail to foresee the issue with its size and you are able to figure out another way to defeat it, good thinking there. Again I apologize for the Consume skill bug, your poor brother. :p

And if you liked the game, there are other better-made diablo maps you can find on the hive database, check those out too :p. I can also give you an open-able version in the editor of my map if you want to edit stuff to suit your tastes.

Cheers.

Level 4
i think i commented before but :p This is brilliant map.. i played it not long ago the feel and environment is perfect for me, really catched the Diablo 2 feel. The monsters were also really good by simularity and attack styles. Good Work! i'd give 5/5!

p.s please check out my Diablo 2 map in my signiture, i'd like a comment from someone like yourself :)

Level 2
Hi, and thanks for putting some time in writing down your thoughts. I'm always delighted to read a well-written review listing out the good and the bad.

First off, I apologize for the bugs you and your brother encountered. The bosses of Duriel (and the hydralisk), I must concede, added only as an afterthought for the more hardcore oriented players. Duriel is powerful and fast enough to take down a player one at a time, but once again I fail to foresee the issue with its size and you are able to figure out another way to defeat it, good thinking there. Again I apologize for the Consume skill bug, your poor brother. :p

And if you liked the game, there are other better-made diablo maps you can find on the hive database, check those out too :p. I can also give you an open-able version in the editor of my map if you want to edit stuff to suit your tastes.

Cheers.

Ah, it's no problem, Even with a couple of problems involving a mechanic here and there, it's a great map and obviously has a lot of positive approval from other users as well.

As for other maps on the Hive, not many rise up to the top since they lack the core mechanics that give the map a true Diablo feeling to it. They either have extreme balancing issues, broken classes or items that gave way too much power for their intended use. Most of them revolve around the Amazon with the Multi-Shot ability, which were god awful balance-wise.

There was one that was really good -- had the game sounds, a great loot system and even the chest mechanics -- but it was really, really buggy. I could not even equip a weapon when I played the Paladin, as having no weapon considered me having a weapon, and spells barely scratched monsters.

If you do send me an openable version of your map, that would be great. I'm not too experienced with triggering, so I know I could learn a lot of the triggers you use with your map, most notably the gambling system. I'm only great with the object editor tinkering. Primarily, I test maps and play them strictly on LAN after editing, since getting people to join games on Battle.net that's not DotA is horribly tedious.