• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo I - Archbishop Lazarus, the Corrupted Advocate

Some months ago, @HerrDave alowed me to pick'n'edit his Bishop Hero model in order to make the Archbishop Lazarus. However I thought with myself - Self, It would be fair to just re-wrap the good work of Dave just to make an poor edition of his magnificent model? No!

So, as I'm working at my Diablo I Map, I just wondered that It would be nice I do the Archbishop model by myself. And I think with myself - Self, what model could be nice to do a mage with a robe? Blood Elf Spell Thief? Yeah, that could do it.

And then after few days of work (just 1) I brought this to you guys, the Arch''fockin''bishop Lazarus, the betrayer and the true villain of Diablo (at my view).

FEATURES:
  • Dissipate
  • Cool Re-wrap
  • Few Geosets Imported (and custom)
  • Optmized (yeah, almost 200KB is all I got)
Lore: Archbishop Lazarus

Can be used as Hero or Special Unit, such as Kel'Thuzad Necromancer Form.

Use OBJECT EDITOR Animations as Spell Breaker.
Previews
Contents

Diablo I - Archbishop Lazarus, the Corrupted Advocate (Model)

Diablo I - Archbishop Lazarus, the Corrupted Advocate - Icons (Icon)

Diablo I - Archbishop Lazarus, the Corrupted Advocate - Portrait (Model)

Reviews
The_Silent
MODERATION Approved His beard has grown quite a lot since I last saw him, haha. Models looks good and works ingame, approved.
Level 3
Ooooh Wow, I REALLY like his WALK animation. Especially that flowy robe. Small yet proper physics recognition is rare with WC3 models because most modelers don't really care about them, but you have done a phenomenal job!
Really appreciate your hard work.

5/5 From Me

Level 8
The team color and the particle emitters are enough, the file size is acceptable, and the re-wrap is so cool bro! Another amazing work Casper!

while this is a corresponding resource, i'm inclined to move it to substandard. firstly, your model could very easily use the default necromancer icon. secondly, i think you could take a better angle to get rid of the jaggies, or edit it using a program. it's never too late to start having experience with image programs!

Level 10
I like the way he looks when he walks, was his face the Far Seer's made to look like the necromancer?
And are those lich parts as his torso, and the clothing is from the Blood Mage, am I right??
The staff is awesome, it reminds me of a staff mod for another game.
And the Spell Breaker? Anims match him.

Level 20
I like the way he looks when he walks, was his face the Far Seer's made to look like the necromancer?
And are those lich parts as his torso, and the clothing is from the Blood Mage, am I right??
The staff is awesome, it reminds me of a staff mod for another game.
And the Spell Breaker? Anims match him.

Yeah, Its a Spell Breaker model with some different textures.

Level 20
while this is a corresponding resource, i'm inclined to move it to substandard. firstly, your model could very easily use the default necromancer icon. secondly, i think you could take a better angle to get rid of the jaggies, or edit it using a program. it's never too late to start having experience with image programs!

Yeah, could use the Necromancer Icon. But what Icon people should use as Score Screen Hero?

Level 20
To me it matters in what aesthetics are concerned. That's why I suggested you replace the animations that have the model flexed. But, of course it's not my decision.

Unfortunately, Animations and their changes are not my strong point. And I don't know what animations the bones of Spell Breaker can support with AnimTransfer. And even if some support, I bet that some animations would be transfered bugged.

Edit: And the Spell Breaker model was the best one I could find for the purpose of this model.

Level 50
Didn't knew that, since this model is old one. I asked Ralle but should I remove the icon as asset and place in the section "Icon" in the model thread edit?
In future screenshot icons are no longer being uploaded in icon forum, but rather added as asset to model, by author himself.

As for this icon, Ralle will merge it to the model, so you don't have to remove anything.