• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] Detect or calculate the amount of XP gained

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi everybody!

I would like to implement an xp reduction similar to that in DotA i.e. if a unit is denied by the enemy you got only 40% of the xp you would gain if you killed the unit.

So i searched the forum and everything i found was the xp system that ultimatus made. but i don't like it because he calculates the amount of xp depending on the hero level only or something like that.

so my first question is: is that reduced xp gain for denied creeps DotA specific at all or is that standard wc3?? (i don't play standard wc3 therefore i don't know! :grin:) (could it be that you gain zero xp for denied units in standard wc3?? 0_o?)

my second question is: if there is no other way than manually give the xp to the hero (using AddHeroXP) then how is the xp calculated exactly? (i know ultimatus already asked this question but there was no answer -.-)

Level 8
First Question: Only DotA gives zero XP gain for denied creeps. They have the constants changed so that nobody get XP for any kills, then uses triggers to give out the XP ( I think )

EDIT: Its either that or they just turned off global distribution ( Also in the gameplay constants). Someone else will have to confirm tho.

Level 1
ok!

then if i have to do it manually by triggers: does anyone know how the xp is calculated in wc3?

Status
Not open for further replies.