• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Detect dmg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hello.. I know there is hundreads of detect dmg. But this one is different.
Im doing a bash spell, with knockback. And i should have a dmg trigger in it too. But i want it to take normal dmg as in a normal hit + 50% of that dmg taken. Can you do this in GUI ?

Level 15
If I understood you correctly, you'd have to be able to detect how much damage the casting unit does right?

The only way I could think of doing that would be to apply an integer to the unit and modify it whenever he gains a level, gets an item, or uses an ability that modifies his damage.

Maybe there is a system for detecting unit stats, lemme check

EDIT - I don't suppose getUnitState could be used for dmg?

EDIT - I can't open up the WE right now, but try this:
JASS:
GetUnitState(unitX, UNIT_STATE_DAMAGE)

Level 11
getUnitState? I don't know what that is xP

EDIT in the explaination. knight has a base dmg on we say 25-30 and if he uses bash he should take between 25-30 and if he takes 30 he will take + 50% of that dmg so 30+15= 45 so 45 dmg. I hope ppl understand better now

Level 4
Is it something like this ?? (From GDD System)

• Damage
    • Events
      • Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Triggering unit), dealing (GDD_Damage x 1.50) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)

Level 11
Ye but i solved dmg without a dmg system.^^ But not animation part now :S

Cuz when he casts the spell i want his to attack but he's doing a little animation before.. I want him to skip that animation and just attack normally when i do the spell. Someone know what to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.