• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Detect ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Is there anyway to detect when ability e.g. Stormbolt hits the target? and when i mean target i mean moving target. So is this possible?

Level 10
Sure: use a damage event for your trigger's event and a unique buff in the spell which you can use as a trigger condition. It's not so simple, unfortunately, because Blizzard didn't provide any generic "unit takes damage" event, instead only for specific units.

Do a search for damage detection - there have been many, many threads explaining how to set it up in your map, or you could use my GUI-friendly damage detection system.

So how do i make custom spell ?

you can try weep's suggestion, for the custom spell

it will be a little bit hard to make a homing custom storm bolt but you can try it using a custom missile system, though judging from your question, you might find it hard to do it so It would be better to just try weep's suggestion...

Level 8
I already did something like that, belive me, it works somewhat ;D

Try using that:

• Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Storm Bolt
    • Actions
      • -------- 1000 is the missile speed of the storm bolt project --------
      • -------- Note that you must consider Projectile Arcs --------
      • Wait (1000.00 / (Distance between (Position of (Triggering unit)) and (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast)))) seconds
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: HIT!

There's a small delay maybe caused by the "starts the effect of an ability event. Try using the "is issued order targeting a point" event

Level 10
Here's a damage detection system I've been using: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=137957
Just implement that system and make trigger:
Events - Game - GDD_Event becomes Equal to 0.00
Conditions - GDD_DamagedUnit has a buff Storm Bolt (you will have to make a custom buff)
Actions - Whatever actions you like, e.g. damage GDD_DamagedUnit dealing intelligence of GGD_DamageSource damage, attack type spells and damage type magic.

well -SoulBurn this works if target isn't moving..
Erkki2 i think this could work ill try it..

right, and it is not even MUI... also sometimes due to unknown reasons, TargetUnitofAbilityBeingcasted bugs, it sometimes forget the unit it is referring to, especially after a wait...

Level 2
right, and it is not even MUI... also sometimes due to unknown reasons, TargetUnitofAbilityBeingcasted bugs, it sometimes forget the unit it is referring to, especially after a wait...
Target unit of ability being cast doesn't 'bug'. It gets cleared after a wait.

Your best bet would be Erkki2's suggestion. Give the unit a buff of some sort and use a damage detection system.

Status
Not open for further replies.