• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Deteced if attack was made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
well i got a very unique unit:
a demolisher which can load a goblin worker and then shoot him as a missile.
thx to donut3.5 for making the awesome goblin rocket rider model.

so far i can "pick up" the goblin worker and also "dismount" him.
the demolisher loaded with the goblin can have him as a missile.
so far no problem.
____

however i have problems detecting when i shot the goblin so i can replace the unit with an unmounted demolisher.

i could make it with a spell, but then he wouldn't be able to target magic immune units.. (so i could say "a units starts the affect of an ability")

but can i also just say if a unit attacked? or a unit took damage from this unit? can u detect if a critical hit was made?

or which spells affect Magic Immune Units?

NVM

i think with "Unstable Concoction" i can hack my desired effect! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 4
you can do it the hard way or easy way, which one do you want?

1) easy way : make the demolisher a hero, or copy a hero and then set its primary datas as the demolisher, then in your 'shoot' spell make the 'Data - required level ' to something above 1 , for example 6, so it will be counted as an ultimate so you can target immune units with it then make your demolisher that level you set via triggers or in-world editor GUI, and also you can do something to disable xp if you want for the demolisher.

2) hard way : is via attack, damage done is very hard for explaining here, attack can also be separated again by two parts,
a) you want the demolisher to instantly changed after its shot then it is easy, just use an a unit attacked event and set the condition to unit-type equal to demolisher loaded and other stuff then replace the demolisher in actions
b) you want the demolisher changed after it successfully attacked with no miss/etc... then it is totally hard, you must first create an attacked event then creating another event executing when the victim gets damaged from the demolisher so it tells you it was successful then do the replacement stuff in its actions.

i don't know if i explained it good or not, so if you want more explains info just PM me.

Level 8
Thx you guys! I appreciate it! :thumbs_up:

Well i found a way around it yesterday, well i designed the entire thing differently. The "Loaded" Demolisher can now "summon" the gobo rocket, who then makes an attack move in the direction the demolisher was facing, and then if "a unit is attacked" by the gobo rocket (some dummy attack), the gobo rocket rider is ordered to "Unstable Concoction (batrider)" the attacked unit.

I like this version since, the gobo rocket isn't really controllable and might even get shot down, while being a perfectly homing missile vs air and ground. & The summoning unit gets easily replaced with an "unloaded demolisher".
- well I'm unsure now if i should make him a locust

The Maker cool system, i will definitely find use for it!

The Wrecker:
Easy way wasn't possible for me since i had to make magic immune units resist ultis, for another reason.
Hard way a) i guess that wouldn't work since the "attack" already triggers if a unit starts an attack (so the sec it starts the attack animation, long before the first shoot was fired) and therefore too early for what i wanted to achieve.
Hard way b) i think thats the system the maker referred to

Status
Not open for further replies.