1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

DemonTownhall

Submitted by pWn3d
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
I couldn't find a good Demon Townhall with Upgrade animations so I decided do model my own. Based on the Sacrificial Altar.

Uses Ingame Textures only. Has a portait animation (3 to be exactly :).
Should have every needed animation for a townhall.

Please give Credit if you use it in your Map/Mod.

Ps.: Why the hell there is no Category - Demon? There are even Categories for Race - Pandaren and Nerubian but no Race - Demon ...

Update: Particle Count Reduced, Portrait Background changed.

There is no Visibility Problem in the Ugrade First Portrait anim. It's a bug in Magos Model Editor, i have that too there. It's working ingame.

Keywords:
Demon Townhall Burning Legion
Contents

DemonTownhall (Model)

Reviews
20:06, 14th Jun 2008 Pyritie: A lovely start. Needs a few tweaks though. (1) The portrait background texture should be ReplaceableID 2 (hero glow). (2) On the Portrait Upgrade First anim, the spikes on the side (that should only be there on the...
  1. 20:06, 14th Jun 2008
    Pyritie: A lovely start. Needs a few tweaks though. (1) The portrait background texture should be ReplaceableID 2 (hero glow). (2) On the Portrait Upgrade First anim, the spikes on the side (that should only be there on the upgrade second anim) are visible. (3) You use FAR too many particles. Having 600+ particles on your upgrade and portrait anims is far too many.

15th Jun 2008
    Pyritie: Still too many particles. Reduce the emission rate from the rotating skulls to 6, the emission rate of the fire to around 7, and the emission rate of the work particle to around 20 or so.

22nd Jun 2008
    Pyritie: I'll approve this for now, but when you get the chance, please fix the above things.

2. frostwhisper

frostwhisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    I love the filesize of this thing. HOWEVER, it looks a bit too much like the skull already in-game. Now if you add some little towers or something on its sides/top, it would look great. But that's just a suggestion.

3. Fisher621

Fisher621

Resources:
    Resources:
    BEAUTIFUL , however at wc3campaigns.net there is a guy whos making a HUGE demon race and he got a Town Hall and such already but still this kicks hes little shelter out of the way:thumbs_up: 10/10

4. Lord_T

Lord_T

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    This is nice.. I like it.

5. Insaniac69

Insaniac69

Resources:
    Resources:
    Another racial townhall to join the hive's legions. Looks great! But like frostwhisper suggested, you should try to vary the look of the skull so the already ingame skull can be used for another use without being confused for a tier 1 demon townhall.

6. Someguy19

Someguy19

Resources:
    Resources:
    It seems very similar to the original model.

7. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    But it has birth animation. Which is not easy thing to do.

8. Devine

Devine

Resources:
    Resources:
    hmpf it looks good but
    evrything is green but the river is orange id change evrything to red and add some of those demoncollumns. that would be sick (in a good way :p)

9. pWn3d

pWn3d

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I think i'm going to improve it the next days (not only reducing particle count). I think i'll change the trails of the Skulls to a red fire.

Hm, should i make the Skull darker? (Easy to do in 3ds, no reskin needed)

Undead-birth animations are pretty easy. Just make it raise out of the ground and add a Birthlink. I think it would take me ~5min to add it do a Building.

10. frostwhisper

frostwhisper

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmm.. yes, making it a tad darker would be cool.

But here's an idea. Would it be possible to use some of the textures from all the demon stuff in Outland (the red/balck/green ones) instead of the skull's white texture? I believe it would be hard but if the result's not messy, it would definitely be original.

The red flames would be a nice tough anyway.

11. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    damn, I was making one 3 tier demon citadel as well xD
    Anyway, this has some good job on the animations, the rest isnt as good really.

12. JetFangInferno

JetFangInferno

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    The green particles in my opinion don't match the overall redness of the model. And, the blue death animation particles don't match either. Other than that, it looks pretty damn cool especially with all those red spikes.

13. Zombie

Zombie

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    The model is very much like the skull already made in game, but the animations are excellent. The filesize is also adorable.

4/5 overall

14. DontPeonMe.

DontPeonMe.

Resources:
    Resources:
    this would be alot cooler if it looked different from the skull ingame. D:

15. pWn3d

pWn3d

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I'm working on an improvement, The Skull will be darker (Same Texture for now, just darker, maybe i'll have to make a new skin, if it doesn't look really good)
    The Green Trails of the Skulls are already replaced by flames.

To make it different from the existing model, i will make Tier2 to Tier1, Tier3 to Tier2 and add a new Tier with maybe flying Demon runes and some more demonic stuff like those Obelisks around.

16. Tleno

Tleno

Resources:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks like a demonic research center to me.

17. Alagremm

Alagremm

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I dont like the upgrades(this red spikes look cartonish and the skulls flying around...)
    But work and upgrade animations are awesome! 4/5:thumbs_up:

18. Regga-Voska

Regga-Voska

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesome! 5/5
    Reason: Animated, Low size, Unique, simple, cool and fits in my map!

19. Jeppe109

Jeppe109

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, those spikes are warcraft demon standards so you can just deal with it or find another model like the demon citadel and towers on this site because they're :cool: