• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Demon Hunter Model&Sound Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi guys,

I change the model of the demon hunter to Illidan's model in the world editor but when I enter the game it still shows the standard demon hunter appearance and sound. It is not changing and it is only in the demon hunter. Other ones work properly. Can somebody tell me the problem?

NOTE: this is my first post. I don't exactly know the right place of this kind of topic. If its the wrong place,sorry.

Level 2
Sorry, I didn't think to look at the post again because I didn't get a reply for a long time.

in this case, how can I post my map file here...and in addition, I realized that, only My demon hunter is recruitting as standart one. The other ai players' DHs are spawning as I setted

Level 13
Sorry, I didn't think to look at the post again because I didn't get a reply for a long time.

in this case, how can I post my map file here...and in addition, I realized that, only My demon hunter is recruitting as standart one. The other ai players' DHs are spawning as I setted
Your problem sounds strange.

You can post your map in this thread with the Attach files button.

Level 2
This is the map. It's a standart wc3 tft map Sanctuary(8), I changed some models and loots. The manner of the DH's model changed to Illidan but the appearance and sound is a DH woman but the building button and the character's stats has changed properly. Thanks for your concern

Attachments

• (8)Sanctuary_LV.w3x
    206.4 KB · Views: 9
Level 13
First the bad news. I can't open your map. It seems like our editor versions are not corresponding, so I can't check it myself. I can give you some suggestions however.
If I understood this correct: you changed a normal demon hunter to the Illidan model with the Illidan sound. When playing with it, it shows a normal demon hunter with normal sounds.

• If I were you, I should check which model you have selected. The Illidan version is called Illidan (evil) in my object editor. (Is your version Reforged btw? It could explain why I can't open it.)
  • There are three sound files for demon hunters: The normal sound for the standard demon hunters, and two for illidan during the Wc3 campaigns.
One is used in the Felwood mission in RoC, while the other is used during TFT. Maybe you selected the wrong file?

Anyway, without your map, I can't find the error. I think you'd best check the aforementioned points to exclude these possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.