1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Demon Hunter model for Tower; uses alt. model

Discussion in 'World Editor Help Zone' started by Lingonberryjam, Jul 13, 2007.

1. Lingonberryjam

Lingonberryjam

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hullo!

Im having a bit a of a problem. Im making a TD-wars and i use unit-models for the towers (yep thay can rotate, dont ask) and im having trouble when i try to use an imported model, based on the Demon Hunter, for a tower.
    Here is the model im using (works just fine in WE and in-game).

What happens is that when the tower is constructed, it switches model to the "alternate", that is the metamorphosis model. I dont know why this happens and i dont want it to.

I guessed this might happen if you use the regular Demon Hunter model aswell, so i tested it out. Same there aswell, it switches to the metamorphis model.

I thought; "hey!, maybe if i base the tower on a unit and then turn on *Stats - Is a building*, it might use the right model!". Tested that, but it didnt help.

So, im asking if you know of this, and if so, what i should do.
    I'll continue my journey towards the finding of the grand solution and ultimatly salvation, while you ponder on this...

2. donut3.5

donut3.5

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What you could do is do
    • Events
    • Unit begins construction
    • Conditions
    • Unit is equal to ...
    • Actions
    • Animation - Add alternate tag to Triggering unit

This will make him turn into a demon at beginning of construction, showing a black poof but no more evidence of the former demon hunter.
    --donut3.5--

3. Lingonberryjam

Lingonberryjam

Resources:
    Resources:
    haha, you got it wrong, but still helped me. I remove the alternate tag, thats what i wanted to do. Maybe i wasnt clear enough in the post above...

Thanks anyway donut, ur so sweet i might eat ya...

This thread may now be closed.