• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Demon Hunter model for Tower; uses alt. model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hullo!

Im having a bit a of a problem. Im making a TD-wars and i use unit-models for the towers (yep thay can rotate, dont ask) and im having trouble when i try to use an imported model, based on the Demon Hunter, for a tower.
Here is the model im using (works just fine in WE and in-game).

What happens is that when the tower is constructed, it switches model to the "alternate", that is the metamorphosis model. I dont know why this happens and i dont want it to.

I guessed this might happen if you use the regular Demon Hunter model aswell, so i tested it out. Same there aswell, it switches to the metamorphis model.

I thought; "hey!, maybe if i base the tower on a unit and then turn on *Stats - Is a building*, it might use the right model!". Tested that, but it didnt help.

So, im asking if you know of this, and if so, what i should do.
I'll continue my journey towards the finding of the grand solution and ultimatly salvation, while you ponder on this...

Level 6
haha, you got it wrong, but still helped me. I remove the alternate tag, thats what i wanted to do. Maybe i wasnt clear enough in the post above...

Thanks anyway donut, ur so sweet i might eat ya...

This thread may now be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.