• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Del'thalaran

Authors Notes
Hi!
This is my Second upload to the Hive.
I hope you like my map, and if you enjoy playing it, don't forget to give it a rating!

Story
An Acient city constructed by the titans for the first human civilizations, later laid to waste by the Ancient scourge, the name Dalaran is thought to have been inspired by this city.

Map Specifics

208431-68b922c0059b74b0d640282fca7d1f80.jpg
Players

208430-a0bf11462cec6338b8e882705c9309cd.jpg
Creep Camps
38 18 12

208427-67ced567f320d96ce63cdb2eb304a5d4.jpg
Neutral Buildings

208423-626cd1b769e6dcd3ae555e8d52671d6c.jpg
Gold Mines
Tactics
Each team has a direct path through the city to their enemy, the city is full to the brim with creeps, out lying areas dwindle with thieves, rogues and the creatures that are native to the area

-Fixed description
[2016-10-12]-Added a few more trees to all bases
-Added an extra drops to some out lying creep camps.

You may alter this map in any way you desire, just don't forget to give me credits if you do!
Previews
Contents

Del'thalaran (Map)

Level 23
any comments on how i can improve my maps?

- Ground textures, too many large blobs of same textures, shape is very noticeably random
- Symmtery is nice, but many features such as the ponds on each end are too similar as well as lacking detail
- Stacking cliffs too high causes very unnatural map boundaries

TLDR: study Blizzard melee maps and see if you can come up with something that passes for one.

Level 8
- Ground textures, too many large blobs of same textures, shape is very noticeably random
- Symmtery is nice, but many features such as the ponds on each end are too similar as well as lacking detail
- Stacking cliffs too high causes very unnatural map boundaries

TLDR: study Blizzard melee maps and see if you can come up with something that passes for one.

Thank you for that, i'll definitely take that on board

Level 3
Nice map! Still you have a small problem with the same creeps at a green spot that are at an orange spot aswell, and we need more goldmines!(or maybe i'm just greedy) Middle is a constant fight so we might need more resources to back us up :D

Realy fun map, still enjoying it with my buddies! Thank you!

Level 3
Beautiful map! Sometimes the units get stuck on the narrow paths, but if you go air units it is just fine.
Thanks for the upload!