• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Deleting weapons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Umm, hi there xD I'm an absolute noob at modelling, so i need your help.
Can your majesties give me a detailed tut on how to delete weapons from a CUSTOM model, not the classical Blizzard's model... I usually have the problem with extracting MDX.. Custom models just dont get MDX out =( 8n 4 yo h3lp!

D0 33t @nd g3t moar 1337 l@nGu@g3 \m/>_<\m/

Level 2
=P couldn't hold :D (the haters will hate >_<)
anyways, can you just say it and be on with it? :D Please?

1. Download Magos Model Editor.
2. Open up your mdx/l file with Magos.
3. Once your model is opened, click Windows->Model Editor.
4. A screen will pop up showing all the vertices. Select the appropriate vertices of the weapon you want deleted.
5. Once they are selected, go into the Model Editor screen, select Transformations->Scaling.
6. In the Scaling window, set all the X/Y/Z values to 0 and press ok.
7. Done!

Level 22
4. A screen will pop up showing all the vertices. Select the appropriate vertices of the weapon you want deleted.
5. Once they are selected, go into the Model Editor screen, select Transformations->Scaling.
7. Done!

He beat me to it :thumbs_up:

7. Done!

or if the weapon is in a material that is not related to any other parts of the model, you can just open the Material manager on Magos, ctrl click the weapon, then it will highlight the correspoding material in the manager then right click the material, choose remove.

Level 2
Nice of u ^_^ It worked for one of the models... but wich one will it be here?
b2c696ebce85.png

*edit*
pass... just created mah own attachment point :DD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.