• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Define more GetLocalizedHotkey strings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Okay so the war3map.wts holds the strings of the script generated by the gui triggers ("TRGSTR_XXX"), it can be expored with File/Export Strings
and can be edited manually and reimported. The strings can then be retrieved via the GetLocalizedString("TRGSTR_XXX") jass native.

But I am reading blizzard.j and seeing calls to the GetLocalizedHotkey native(GetLocalizedHotkey("GAMEOVER_CONTINUE_GAME"), GetLocalizedHotkey("GAMEOVER_OK"), etc. ), my question is
where are those "GAMEOVER_CONTINUE_GAME", "GAMEOVER_OK" strings defined, and CAN a map define more of those?

Level 26
Those are from ui files like UI\FrameDef\GlobalStrings.fdf. They are not map-rewritable. If you are going to ask if it helps making a map multilinguinal, I feel to tell you that each wc3 installation only contains the strings of one version. GetLocalizedHotkey does not read the system nor wc3 language and and indexes a data structure with it but only extracts the information from the string table. So while outsourcing string literals may be good practice, you still need to deliver the different language packs and cannot combine it in one map.

Status
Not open for further replies.