• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Defend the F Tree

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Still in its early test version. Not final. Do not comment on coding, etc. please as you are not welcome to tinker the insides of this map. Just comment on the game concept. Tower builder hero coming soon.

Credits will be given in the final version of the map

Keywords:
Defense, Tower, Tree, Venjoulytes, Spells, TD, Hero TD, Survival
Contents

Defend the F Tree (Map)

Reviews
04:08, 25th Dec 2009 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 1
'Fucking' Tree is definetly not a fitting name. Atleast change it to feckin tree or something, fucking may offend people.

I agree, "Fucking" will offend people, and will not be approved on the Hive.
Voting for Rejection.

Level 35
Such blank terrain... horrifically blank O_O

It's obvious you don't even take your own projects seriously judging from the name you gave it. The name you've given it *might* be suitable for a mini-game (although we must keep in mind that censorship can be our friend, as you seem to now realize), but certainly does not attract anyone to download your map.

Your description is, as tleno mentioned above, BAD. You say you want people to comment on your game concept, yet don't tell anyone of what you intended to do. Did you seriously think that your ideas are unique or intriguing? If so, why not mention them? That way, people may help you expand on your ideas. For now, change your name to 'Just Another Defense/Survival Map' please -.-

1/5

Level 24
It's obvious you don't even take your own projects seriously judging from the name you gave it.

Taking projects seriously is over-rated. Maps are about having fun, and hence can either be serious or not.

This being said, do certainly better your description, and I'd be happy to test it out once it is described properly.

Level 8
I've tested your map.
game is about defending tree that is placed on top of castle, I suppose. It's more like a mountain made from blizzard cliffs. Anyhow, idea is that enemy come from multiple directions to get to the only entrance to the castle and then climb to the top. All way to the tree is pretty much well guarded for beginning stages. I assume that players are suppose to loose there positions from entrance to closer to the tree as stages advance.

Heroes seemed good. They had nice custom abilities and overall they were well made.

Items are in a big mess. Some of them are custom and actually good, some of them are standard and not that useful.

I didn't mind the name of the map but in-game all that kind of talk is too much. it unnecessary text to read.

I don't see any reason why monsters should come from more than one side of the map as there is only one entrance. Try to make another entrance or make monsters overcome the walls (loading into transport, blink, flying...)

Emptines of entire map should also be filled with something.

Level 4
KOYK GR said:
the "name" is your problem? o come on people u ar not kids anymore!

We're mostly guys... we never grow up from childhood. :xxd:

The game seems kind of... lame no offense, the map just looks like a Hero Lane Defense.
Bad Description, Ap0c. made a tutorial on the importance of a description, please look into it.
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/importance-description-127031/

Defend the F***ing Tree, violation of Hive's rules EVEN if you changed to Defend the F Tree [No profanity, profanity is a big word for curse words in case you didn't know]. Also it just makes you appear like a 13 year old kid trying to make himself sound cool.

Level 11
Haha, what the hell?
Do not comment on coding, etc.
Coding is an improtant aspect of a map. How can we not comment it?

Just comment on the game concept.
This is a lane defense. Originally 0/10. vote for rejection.

Credits will be given in the final version of the map
Proper credits must be given in each version of a map.

please as you are not welcome to tinker the insides of this map.
Then why the **** do you submit the ******* map?

And you should IMPROVE YOUR DESCRIPTION.