• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Defend ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I've got a very annoying problem, I need the defend ability to be able to deflect at 75, whats the problem?
Defend ability only goes up to 10 :sad:
Even though the footman's goes up 30 :eekani:

Anyone help?

Level 5

Emm I don't know what to say.... You might noticed that Footmans Defend have value 0.30.... That is 30 %... You say that you have 10.00 thats 1000%.. Just type 0.75 for your deflect value of Defend^^

That's wrong actually.

Hold shift and click the value, that lets you change it out of the limits. Typing .75 will give you 00.75%. I just had this problem. ^^

Oh, also, you might want to change the gameplay constant that is "Defend ability deflects attacks" to true. It is false by default.

Level 3
Uh. 10.00 is 1000%, and 1 is 100%. Your math is wrong; .75 will give you 75%, or else the Footman's ability, which is .3, would only give you .3.

Level 5

On the last thread about this, Tooolbox posted,
Blizzard's messed up caps are quite annoying. For example, the Owl from the PotM's spell (one version of it, anyway) has a higher than normal sight range. If you try and edit it, it will be capped at 1800. You can't copy-paste it to anywhere else. Only be resetting it to default can you get the higher than normal value.

Pip and Gizmo, and possibly Jonny, maybe you guys haven't noticed that some abilities use a 100.00/50.00/10.00 (100%, 50%, 10%) format as opposed to the usual 1.00/0.50/0.10 one.

Examples of 1.00 spells: Thunder Clap, for the attack and move speed reduction. Evasion for the % miss. Trueshot Aura for the damage increase.

Examples of 100.00 spells: Bash, for chance to hit. Pulverize, for chance to stomp. Critical Strike, for chance to crit.

You can tell which ones are which by the dynamic tooltips. Compare:
Trueshot Aura: Increases base ranged damage by <AEar,DataA1,%>%.
Critical Strike: <AOcr,DataA1>% chance, <AOcr,DataB1> times normal damage.

Note how the extra % is added inside the dynamic tooltip tag that multiplies the value by 100% to get the readable one. Whereas stuff like Bash just use the value itself.

So to sum up, my theory is that Blizzard used a 100.00/50.00/10.00 format for the Defend ability, but whoever made World Editor capped it to the range that 1.00/0.50/0.10 abilities typically use.

To which you responded, Pip L
Ah. Well, I feel enlightened. :)

And a week later you're saying this?

Pip L
Uh. 10.00 is 1000%, and 1 is 100%. Your math is wrong; .75 will give you 75%, or else the Footman's ability, which is .3, would only give you .3.

Status
Not open for further replies.