• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Decimals always round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi,
I've got a problem with the world editor. I didn't use it in a long time and wanted to pick it up again. I didn't change anything about the game or my pc, but the editor is acting weirdly. It rounds every decimal, even the ones that were. (When I want to change something like life regeneration and it's already a decimal, when I change it it will simply round off) Also, when I save a map, even a new one or an original map, it gives me an error. I don't use the english version so I don't know what it says exactly in english, but it's something about compatibilization and invalid argument counts. It does save the map however. Is there a way to fix these problems?
Cheers

Level 2
No, I actually didn't because I thought I could first find out if this is a common error which has a simple solution. I will though if there isn't

Level 2
So I reinstalled the game. However it does seem to save some information, because my settings are just the same as they were before. Errors still occur. When uninstalling I chose "Delete everything" etc and can't find any left over files. Can anyone tell me where it saves them, or how to uninstall it properly? Tried it with the Windows Uninstaller and the Uninstall.exe provided by Blizzard, same results for both.

EDIT: I completely erased WC III from my registry and reinstalled it. That reset the configuration, but the bug still appeared, but only after I tried to save a map. I changed a gameplay constant real before saving and it worked. But after hitting "save" it gave me errors like described above, and afterwards real numbers would always round off. Does anyone have an idea? Would be greatly appreciated <3

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.