• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dealing extra damage for casting with stealth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ras

Ras

Level 6
I had a unit with stealth (windwalk, nothing special) and i had a spell with triggers (The spell based on cripple, the spell slows and damage with a trigger)

But i had a problem, i wan't to deal more damage if the user was stealthed just before casting the ability.

How i can do that?

Level 13
You can try checking if the unit has buff windwalk, I don't think it would be removed before the spell actually happened but I could be wrong.

Alternatively you need to catch when the windwalk happens and just keep track with a boolean/integer then when the windwalk ends via duration/attack/spell cast go back and change the boolean/integer

Reactions: Ras

Ras

Ras

Level 6
something like : ((Casting unit) has buff Wind walk) Igual a (==) True ?

Edit: With this it does damage with 2 X Real Agility but doesn't deals the 50 bonus damage with windwalk

• Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
    • Si: Condiciones
      • (Ability being cast) Igual a (==) Crippling Strike (Rogue)
    • Entonces: Acciones
      • Unidad - Cause (Target unit of ability being cast) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (2.00 x (Real((Agillity of (Casting unit) (Incluir bonuses))))) damage of attack type Conjuros and damage type Normal
        • Multiple FunctionsIf (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • ((Casting unit) has buff Andar del viento) Igual a (==) True
            • Unidad - Cause (Target unit of ability being cast) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 50.00 damage of attack type Conjure and damage type Normal
          • Otros: Accion
            • Do nothing
Well i had to use variables anyway, i didn't wan't to create a separate trigger for that but i will do it. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:

Ras

Ras

Level 6
i didn't notice that, i will try again and see whats happen

Edit: I changed these things, now the casting unit damage the target, but it doesn't deal the windwalk bonus

• (Ability being cast) Igual a (==) Crippling Strike (Rogue)
      • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (2.00 x (Real((Agillity of (Casting unit) (Incluir bonuses))))) damage of attack type Conjuros and damage type Normal
            • ((Casting unit) has buff Andar del viento) Igual a (==) True
            • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 50.00 damage of attack type Conjure and damage type Normal
          • Otros: Accion
Notes: Andar del viento = windwalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.