• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DBZ Punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
DBZ Punishment is a DragonBall Z map I've been working on for about 3 months now. It's half-done.

I know alor of people are thinking that it's going to be like all of the other DBZ maps, but it's not. It's totally different and has it's own style. DBZ Evolution is based on realism of the show and the story and DBZ Tribute is a race to level up. But Punishment is a game made entirely for having fun. There is no wait in heaven, so you can revive instantly.

Almost everything in the map is destructible; Buildings, people, trees, mountains, the ground and each other. Every ablility in the map is triggered with GUI and JASS to remove leaks by me, and are completely multi-instancable.

There are 6 good guys (Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Gotenks, Trunks and Piccolo) and 3 (or 4 if I add annother one, which I might) bad guys; Frieza, Broly and Janemba. The models are done by the great Panther 25 (not Panther Rider). For the Freiza model, I reskinned Org-Pl's Metal Cooler, and don't flame me on it's shitty quality, becasue I did it in a program called VicMan's Photo Editor (A dirty peice of shit). I also Re-skinned Panther 25's Gotenks to make...Gotenks, becasue it didn't have a skin before. And I reskinned gotenkz's DBZBaseModel to make broly. I did all the skins in that program that's why they're bad, but they get the job done in-game.

Every character has their own unique abilities, which are different for everyone. You can find more screenshots and information on my forums, http://z9.invisionfree.com/DBZ_Punishment/index.php?act=site

FinalFlash.jpg

Vegeta's Final Flash at an awkward angle and near the end of it.

City.jpg

Some pictures of my very in-acurate city. I know it looks nothing like the DBZ ones, but I don't have dome models.

CityForest.jpg

Same sorta deal as the last one, but a bit of a forest.

Cliff.jpg

A cliff over the water with some trees. It's part of the island where the fighter start off.

BadGuys.jpg

The Bad Guys

GoodGuys.jpg

The Good Guys

InnerCity.jpg

Inner City

That's all for now. Chek out my site to see more.

Level 5
I like the ideas about destructible buildings, people and terrain! SOUNDS SICK! That's something that would change DBZ maps. Only three bad guys...? This map is a bit like Tribute, it seems, the way there's bad vs. good. The city doesn't have that DBZ feel for some reason. The roads are nice, just the city buildings and such are not really DBZ like, it's a Wc3 feel y'know? No offense or anything. Also when you said you have no dome models, dl the Vertex Modifier primitives, which are different shapes for scratch modelling. Dl em, convert them to MDX, then import. So simple! Other than that, good work this could be a fun map . . . not to make you mad, but are you competing with Ghostface? lol j/k.

Level 5
Funny you ask that, GhostFace_Killah is good a friend of mine, and I'm making the spells for DBZ Evolution, so not at all. About the buildings, I agree completly, and I'm going to do everything I can to fix that, but I was jsut trying to make a city without any custom models, thus not making the map size any bigger than it has to be.

Level 8
hey mob, i see that you posted this here :D If you wanted i couldve made you some house models and let you use my pt gohan model xD well anyway good luck with your map...Also im with maverick i havent seen bardock in any dbz maps (i am adding him in mine but i havent worked on it in ages) but you should skin the goku model to be bardock so you have goku and bardock (but it would require you to name the models different so it wouldnt be that good of an idea)

Level 4
u could either do one of two things (that ive thought of) if u want bardock in ur map... but its ur map

1. make it so when bardock is killed the player gains goku

or

2.make him seperable playalbe char that has his crew with him and can use them for a power like absorb somtin like that

or just creeps

Level 5
I don't know if I'm going to put bardock in the map, but I'm probably going to put annother bad guy. Although....I might make a saga of him.

Also, there are alot of new screenshots on my forum, so check it out.

Level 4
MobKing said:
I don't know if I'm going to put bardock in the map, but I'm probably going to put annother bad guy. Although....I might make a saga of him.

Also, there are alot of new screenshots on my forum, so check it out.

How about this Mob

Instead of having pre-setted characters for each player how about each player gets to choose which character they wanna play as?

Like team 1 can pick from the good guys and Team 2 can pick from the villains?

How about it?

Since this map is all about fun then you can pretty much add all of the fighters in for the hell of it you know?

Cause the map will get boring if the player already starts out with there characters, but if you made the players choose what hero they want to be like a hero arena map then it'll give the map more of a replay value you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.