• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Day of Destiny - 6v6 AoS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
war3mappreview.png

Change Log:

Major Changes
  • 4 New Heroes, Paladin, Succubus, Scion of the Storms & Warlock
  • Hero Kill System has been rebuilt from scratch, fixing bugs, preventing sound overlaps, properly diversifying between Roshan or Neutral Creeps and allowing any Unit/Team to end kill sprees.
  • Added Time - Minutes/Seconds as lumber/food
  • Fixed revival sometimes not working
  • Added a Sell Hero beacon to each base, allowing a team to sell a Leaver's Hero for his experience.
  • New command added -roll
  • 2 Modes added: -ar & -em
  • Increased all non-tower buildings armor, such as barracks etc.

Minor Changes
  • Added hero Glow to the secret shops.
  • Fixed Enrange hotkey
  • Removed some doodads blocking creep locations.
  • Stopped Impending Doom being able to raise mechanical units.
  • Fixed typo in Yasha
  • Remade Rain of Arrows from scratch.
  • Fixed Medallion of Wisdom/Gold Coin not working for ppl 12 (Brown)
  • Fixed Lightsaber damage not being given
  • Fixed typo in Butterfly
  • Remade Omnislash from scratch.
  • Resized a few Heroes, bringing them more in sync.
  • Fixed Astral Banish, sometimes when unit re-appeared it would not be in same location.
  • Increased expiration time on Elune's Arrow & Dazing Shot.
  • Increased damage on Dazing Shot.
  • Remade Assaninate from scratch.

Download 1
Download 2

Last edited:
Level 8
It is largely based off and inspired by Dota, containing the same basic gameplay and concepts as well as many of the Dota Heroes/Items.

He said a lot of it was based off DotA. It just looks like he tried to add his own spin on it and thats always nice. Dont spam and flame.

@Fulla: i havent looked at this map but judging from what the 'mature' poster said above, try not to use another maps spells/heros in their entirety, especially not Dota

Level 6
I still wouldnt expect map that has been made for 9months to be bad...

Gona test it now -->

*Edit*
Tested for 5 secs and leaved. Absolutely too much like dota, and still missing lots of things that are in dota and few useless things that doesnt help this map overcome dota. Too bad, long time wasted...

Last edited:
Level 16
Five rule breaks in one (well two since it was a double post) post. Very nice, UchihaSasuke.gr. Thats a record so far, but dont do it again unless you want to get punished more severely than just neg rep.

How much did you really get out of in just 5 seconds, burned? Rather than saying "missing out on stuff *period*", you should say what is missing and what you would like to see in the map to help fulla make the map better. Saying 'missing a lot of stuff, time wasted' is borderline flaming. Give some usefull critisism if you bother to post.

I for one who dont play dota (propably played it last couple of years ago) have enjoyed this AoS. I havent got a clue what's taken from dota, I'll just say that this is a good AoS map.

Level 6
Five rule breaks in one (well two since it was a double post) post. Very nice, UchihaSasuke.gr. Thats a record so far, but dont do it again unless you want to get punished more severely than just neg rep.

How much did you really get out of in just 5 seconds, burned? Rather than saying "missing out on stuff *period*", you should say what is missing and what you would like to see in the map to help fulla make the map better. Saying 'missing a lot of stuff, time wasted' is borderline flaming. Give some usefull critisism if you bother to post.

I for one who dont play dota (propably played it last couple of years ago) have enjoyed this AoS. I havent got a clue what's taken from dota, I'll just say that this is a good AoS map.

mm ok atleast its missing -ar, -dm etc...mods..and no info in quests about the game. Most heroes skills and names are the same as in dota. Anyway I dont like maps that are made copying totally some other map (not just the idea), since dota is the most popular map in wc3 and is very addictive its probly impossible to compete with it.

So i suggest make your own map and make it popular...but oh well maybe you will get few fans with this shit.

ps. If you havent played newest dotas you dont understand what im saying...whats the point of inventing wheel again?

Level 12
Gradually more 'unique' heroes/items will be added in.
I wanted the theme to be very similiar to dota, so ppl felt 'at home' when playing the map.

Im working on a few new heroes currently, dont worry these will be completely new :D.

Modes will be added in time as well. For stuff like -ap, -ar, I didnt feel there were enough Heroes for that yet. When I ave 4 full Taverns I'll add all this stuff in.

Level 12
Hey Fulla,
I love u!
Infact I love ur map also, if you wan't your map to be popular contact me now.
I run a private bnet server which everyday plays nothing but DotA. I need some more maps like these to get rid of the disease.
I'm willing to promote ur map

Some suggestions:
- Do not entirely copy every theme of Dota for it will ruin the competition of this map.
- The heroes are too general, make it more uniqe in terms of their history, their functionality, and style.
- Some item names are originally from Dota, I wouldn't do that if I were you, why don't you name it something else so that people liked the fresh and new entertainment this game provides.

Thanks

Level 2
I like the map...

It's like a dota copy at first, but i has a lot of potential.
There's a much better feeling then dota, and 5 abilities give a tactical note to the game.

The only thing that isn't that gret is the balance,
for example the wisp seems to have a too strong explode or rooty's eat tree also is to strong (last time i played him even 4 heroes can't kill him because of this skill)

Level 12
@Do0S_101

- Sure, any help would be greatly appreciated.
- I kept all the base items exactly the same, so ppl wouldnt get confused and would know what to buy almost immiedtly.
I already get some ppl saying "To many items, to overwhelming".
With the recipes I kept the basic and popular ones, but im gradually expanding it.

@Piranha

Yea perhaps the Wisps suicide should be nerfed a little.
The tree is meant to be a very tough tank/support hero. I havent played him myself much Ill have to test him a few times.

thx for comments

Last edited:
Level 8
No one really cares why you were being a jerk UchihaSasuke.gr, real life problems don't give an excuse for a person's actions online. If you want to make excuses take it up with people in PMs and let this thread focus on the map.

Level 6
ive only played dota once and this is basicaly DOTA!!!! u put in an equipment system that dosent work... everything new to this game was a system stolen of of someone elce... and I couldent find where u gave people credit for there map...

PS. i dont know what u copyed and what you didnt from dota so if this post is wrong just flame me or whatever... i just seems like dota from me...

Level 12
As a clan cbs member and a knowledgable person in wc3 mapmaking I've been here longer than you buddy. For your information this is what Icefrog did to his Allstars map. Many other maps long ago had made maps already known as AoS. You can say this map is another Dota, but you can also say EotA, RotS, Wota, Dota Allstars, is another Dota.

To Fulla keep up the good work, I hope this map will get to the top level.

Level 12
The current plan is to bring this map as far as I can, with heroes/items/gameplay etc.
Whilst continually 'mastering' my jass skills.

Eventually id like to have a go at a 'DoD 2' which would ofcourse be original etc. with lots of new stuff :D

Massive new update coming soon!!

Level 40
Sorry, but I opened it up and saw all the DotA stuff and had to close it.

In my opinion, anyways, we already have enough people flooding BNet with DotA, without what, to me anyways, looks like a copy with some slight changes.

(and no, I don't play DotA either, so that may be where some of my bias comes from)

Status
Not open for further replies.