1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Day of Destiny - 6v6 AoS

Discussion in 'Map Development' started by Fulla, Mar 17, 2007.

1. Fulla

Fulla

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    [​IMG]

Change Log:

Major Changes
    • 4 New Heroes, Paladin, Succubus, Scion of the Storms & Warlock
    • Hero Kill System has been rebuilt from scratch, fixing bugs, preventing sound overlaps, properly diversifying between Roshan or Neutral Creeps and allowing any Unit/Team to end kill sprees.
    • Added Time - Minutes/Seconds as lumber/food
    • Fixed revival sometimes not working
    • Added a Sell Hero beacon to each base, allowing a team to sell a Leaver's Hero for his experience.
    • New command added -roll
    • 2 Modes added: -ar & -em
    • Increased all non-tower buildings armor, such as barracks etc.

Minor Changes
    • Added hero Glow to the secret shops.
    • Fixed Enrange hotkey
    • Removed some doodads blocking creep locations.
    • Stopped Impending Doom being able to raise mechanical units.
    • Fixed typo in Yasha
    • Remade Rain of Arrows from scratch.
    • Fixed Medallion of Wisdom/Gold Coin not working for ppl 12 (Brown)
    • Fixed Lightsaber damage not being given
    • Fixed typo in Butterfly
    • Remade Omnislash from scratch.
    • Resized a few Heroes, bringing them more in sync.
    • Fixed Astral Banish, sometimes when unit re-appeared it would not be in same location.
    • Increased expiration time on Elune's Arrow & Dazing Shot.
    • Increased damage on Dazing Shot.
    • Remade Assaninate from scratch.

Download 1
    Download 2

Last edited: May 16, 2007
  2. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    That Must Be some kind of GOOD MAP!!!! :spell_breaker:

Wrong....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2007
  3. demonsofdante

demonsofdante

Resources:
    Resources:
    He said a lot of it was based off DotA. It just looks like he tried to add his own spin on it and thats always nice. Dont spam and flame.

@Fulla: i havent looked at this map but judging from what the 'mature' poster said above, try not to use another maps spells/heros in their entirety, especially not Dota

4. burned

burned

Resources:
    Resources:
    I still wouldnt expect map that has been made for 9months to be bad...

Gona test it now -->

*Edit*
    Tested for 5 secs and leaved. Absolutely too much like dota, and still missing lots of things that are in dota and few useless things that doesnt help this map overcome dota. Too bad, long time wasted...

Last edited: Mar 17, 2007
  5. Fulla

Fulla

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yup its our version of a Dota.

6. Mini-Me

Mini-Me

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Five rule breaks in one (well two since it was a double post) post. Very nice, UchihaSasuke.gr. Thats a record so far, but dont do it again unless you want to get punished more severely than just neg rep.

How much did you really get out of in just 5 seconds, burned? Rather than saying "missing out on stuff *period*", you should say what is missing and what you would like to see in the map to help fulla make the map better. Saying 'missing a lot of stuff, time wasted' is borderline flaming. Give some usefull critisism if you bother to post.

I for one who dont play dota (propably played it last couple of years ago) have enjoyed this AoS. I havent got a clue what's taken from dota, I'll just say that this is a good AoS map.

7. burned

burned

Resources:
    Resources:
    mm ok atleast its missing -ar, -dm etc...mods..and no info in quests about the game. Most heroes skills and names are the same as in dota. Anyway I dont like maps that are made copying totally some other map (not just the idea), since dota is the most popular map in wc3 and is very addictive its probly impossible to compete with it.

So i suggest make your own map and make it popular...but oh well maybe you will get few fans with this shit.

ps. If you havent played newest dotas you dont understand what im saying...whats the point of inventing wheel again?

8. l33t5up4h4x0r

l33t5up4h4x0r

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I suggest since people are just waiting in dota to try new heroes and items out, why not build an aos with diff heroes and items compared to dota to interest people?

9. Fulla

Fulla

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Gradually more 'unique' heroes/items will be added in.
    I wanted the theme to be very similiar to dota, so ppl felt 'at home' when playing the map.

Im working on a few new heroes currently, dont worry these will be completely new :D.

Modes will be added in time as well. For stuff like -ap, -ar, I didnt feel there were enough Heroes for that yet. When I ave 4 full Taverns I'll add all this stuff in.

10. DoOs_101

DoOs_101

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Hey Fulla,
    I love u!
    Infact I love ur map also, if you wan't your map to be popular contact me now.
    I run a private bnet server which everyday plays nothing but DotA. I need some more maps like these to get rid of the disease.
    I'm willing to promote ur map

Some suggestions:
    - Do not entirely copy every theme of Dota for it will ruin the competition of this map.
    - The heroes are too general, make it more uniqe in terms of their history, their functionality, and style.
    - Some item names are originally from Dota, I wouldn't do that if I were you, why don't you name it something else so that people liked the fresh and new entertainment this game provides.

Thanks

11. Piranha

Piranha

Resources:
    Resources:
    I like the map...

It's like a dota copy at first, but i has a lot of potential.
    There's a much better feeling then dota, and 5 abilities give a tactical note to the game.

The only thing that isn't that gret is the balance,
    for example the wisp seems to have a too strong explode or rooty's eat tree also is to strong (last time i played him even 4 heroes can't kill him because of this skill)

12. Fulla

Fulla

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    @Do0S_101

- Sure, any help would be greatly appreciated.
    - I kept all the base items exactly the same, so ppl wouldnt get confused and would know what to buy almost immiedtly.
    I already get some ppl saying "To many items, to overwhelming".
    With the recipes I kept the basic and popular ones, but im gradually expanding it.

@Piranha

Yea perhaps the Wisps suicide should be nerfed a little.
    The tree is meant to be a very tough tank/support hero. I havent played him myself much Ill have to test him a few times.

thx for comments

Last edited: Mar 25, 2007
  13. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    I am Noob Sorry

Well,Mini-Me you are right.I am noob.Sorry I realli liked DoD but I think it's same with DotA.I used that language because I broke up with my girlfriend and I was really fired up.Sorry...

14. demonsofdante

demonsofdante

Resources:
    Resources:
    No one really cares why you were being a jerk UchihaSasuke.gr, real life problems don't give an excuse for a person's actions online. If you want to make excuses take it up with people in PMs and let this thread focus on the map.

15. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    Acctualy i dont intend of playing a DOTA based map .. since im anti-dota .. but any map based of DOTA not taking items and heroes i could try .. i will look into this .. although i dont doubt the quality ;)

16. Fulla

Fulla

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  17. EviL_BuddhA

EviL_BuddhA

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    ive only played dota once and this is basicaly DOTA!!!! u put in an equipment system that dosent work... everything new to this game was a system stolen of of someone elce... and I couldent find where u gave people credit for there map...

PS. i dont know what u copyed and what you didnt from dota so if this post is wrong just flame me or whatever... i just seems like dota from me...

18. DoOs_101

DoOs_101

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    As a clan cbs member and a knowledgable person in wc3 mapmaking I've been here longer than you buddy. For your information this is what Icefrog did to his Allstars map. Many other maps long ago had made maps already known as AoS. You can say this map is another Dota, but you can also say EotA, RotS, Wota, Dota Allstars, is another Dota.

To Fulla keep up the good work, I hope this map will get to the top level.

19. Kimbo

Kimbo

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    UchihaSasuke.gr, thats the most poorest excuses iv heard.

and guys, Dota is an AOS. Stop calling AOS Dota. The terrain looks ALOT like Dota's, maybe you should change the theme of the terrain and layout and give it a more unique feel?

20. DoOs_101

DoOs_101

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yeah true with werewulf, as I said, do not copy the exact theme in Dota, it will ruin the competition.