• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dawn of Warcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Couple weeks ago, I bought Dawn of War 2 game, and I was pretty impressed because of this: no base building, no unit training, just your hero and couple of units, marching and slashing their way to the end of the level. Now, that would be even better in WC3: You lead a hero, but only him, and 2-4 units with him, and just like DoW2: Reaching end of the level with them. No strategy and micro, just leading hero and units! Now do you know any map or, even better, campaign with that stuff? I found only "Story of the Norj'Hal" elves, and it's excellent! Now, I just want to know for more of them... +3 rep to one who finds me map or campaign like that!

Level 7
u suck, DoW2 is an incredible game.

u have to play it for more then a half hour to understand this.

Level 17
I loved DoW2. Mainly because I didn't pay for it. My friend did, I just played on his computer.

You do know the Warcraft-included campaign has a few levels like that, right?

This.
Also, Wanderers of Sorceria, Diablo III, and Heroes of Genesia.

Level 19
DoW2 is a terrible game. It's incredibly inbalanced and the strategy isn't there. The campaign is decent, but that doesn't make up for the complete lack of any sort of balance or strategy.

The original DoW is still my favorite RTS of all time, so don't give me any shit about not liking Dawn of War, I loved the first one - it had everything good that this one forgot about.

Level 17
I don't look at it as much as a sequel, more like the company just reaching out to see what else they can do. Obviously more people were disgruntled than they were please. Who knows, maybe a true sequel will now be on the horizon.
If you liked it you liked it. If you didn't, oh well. I've seen the same people bitching about it on these forums every chance they get. This thread was not started to discuss DoW2, it was created to discuss warcraft games like DoW2.
If you love it or hate it then make another damn thread about it or kindly stfu.
kthxbai

Level 7
dow2 is a terrible game. It's incredibly inbalanced and the strategy isn't there. The campaign is decent, but that doesn't make up for the complete lack of any sort of balance or strategy.

The original dow is still my favorite rts of all time, so don't give me any shit about not liking dawn of war, i loved the first one - it had everything good that this one forgot about.

u nevir played dow u dunt get et

Level 12
u suck, DoW2 is an incredible game.

u have to play it for more then a half hour to understand this.

Only an ignorant fool would respond in such a way.

I have played it since the beta started but quit recently after playing with the new patch for a while. They didn't solve any of the major problems except that lower tiers are used more.

Status
Not open for further replies.