• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Anyone here play Dawn of War?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I just got the game for christmas and am currently at mission eight, so far the game has been a real blast I love the pace of the game and the way the differnt units intereact with each other as well as the lovely gory finishing blows :D . While I have not tried online play yet I have to say that with single player alone it far surpassed my expectations, involving a great deal of both micro and macro as well as tactics, and how the recource system works is flawless, and for me much more realistic then wc3's. Anyhow this is sort of a random post to kill time during new years eve as a watch the clock, so those of you that have played it tell me what you think of the game. Oh and please don't post any spoilers I have porposely stayed away from DoW sits for this reason and would like too see how the story ends myself.

Level 12
I have played it since some months ago and I really like it. I know some stuff about the wh40k universe too. If we don't count the WE of Warcraft III it is definently the best RTS game out now. The graphics are beutiful and the finnishing moves yes the are very cool. I love to see my Defiler crush orks in their giant claws, or let them be shot down from afar with Heavy Bolters. Do you have the expansion too? It's the first RTS expansion ever that adds a complete new race; the Imperial Guard. It does some other serious changes too which is rally good. Like making Killa Kan less powerfull and make Defiler and Prism Tank more powerfull. But there was also dissapoiting changes like increasing the number of havy weapons for Space Marines and reduce it for Chaos Marines and limit them to Heavy Bolter. At least the could have their red flame thrower. Too bad. I for one is waiting for the super project Tyranid mod which will add my favourite race to the game. Too bad my computer isn't really fast enough to play it good, 3.2 gightz. :(

Level 12
Yes I really like that too. Adding a leader and upgrade heavy weapons and such. That's a brilliant idea. One thing that bothers me in the game is that units doesn't take damage when they are blow up in the air and then falls hard on the ground.

Good to see that THQ can make good games. Red Facton was way too over rated. It wasn't very good at all.

Level 4
They do take damage, as for winter assult I am planning on getting it but I was rather upset that the new faction was not dark eldar :( oh well perhaps they will have another expansion and add them...

Level 12
:shock: Didn't you expect the Imperial Guard after you saw the units in the campaign?? I though that was clear to everyone who knew that there would be a new race in the expansion.
Anyway I'm happy that it wasn't Dark Eldar since they are the race that I like least.

Units takes damage from the explosions yes but not from the fall.

Level 4
Ya, I know imperial guard would probably be in the expansion, but you can always dream right?

Level 4
WH40K:DOW and Its Expansion: Winter Assault rock, easily one of the best RTS around, obviously along with Warcraft III :D

I Completed the First Game and i am now on the Expansion Pack Campains. :D
Never know, i could see you lot online. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.