• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dawn of Life: the Beginning of the End.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 36
Hello there I am Keiji, mostly known for terraining. But I do have this dream of eventually releas a campaign, and thus I have worked on the first level of one of several campaigns in a world and hostory I like to call Dawn of Life.
This is all based on a story I am writing myself. And the following campaign is about Khaine Lifeheart, the prince of the Life Elfs, and how he first betrays his empire under the controll of a demi-god, and how he after the course is lifted by a prophet leads his new people, the Black Elfs, into a new future.
But for now, its all about the Life Elfs and their intimit war against the Vampars, which is a satanistic and primitive yeti people who wants to kill all elfs alive.

What I wish for, is feedback, things that can be done better? Or things that are good?

Though I know about some of my faults, as a result of me consentrating much on my terraining skill, I am not so good with triggers and custom spells, I tryed my best to *flash* up the spells a bit, but their ot really SPECIAL. But I can live with that for now. I am also aware of the fact that there is no cinematics ingame, and this is not cause I'm not able to make cinematics, cause I have enough skills for that :p No, the reason is, because I wanted to try something I see as a new way of making campaigns, if this is a bad thing I can allways try to add some cinematics.

Thanks for your time and I hope you enjoy playing my map, and I REALLY hope you can give me some feedback ^^
I also want to inform that each time I make a new map, I will stick it to this post.

(P.S: I am sorry for any gramatical errors I have in both this post and in the map, I am not from an English speaking country, but are doing my best to learn)

EDIT:

- Added two cinematics.
- Added a creep camp, with item drop.
- Made it a bit harder. (I hope)

Attachments

• Khaines 's Path of Destruction.w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Level 24
"And the following campaign is about Khaine Lifeheart, the prince of the Life Elfs, and how he first betrays his empire under the controll of a demi-god, and how he after the course is lifted by a prophet leads his new people, the Black Elfs, into a new future."

Prince = Illidan
Demi-God = Kil'jaeden
Black Elves = Naga

lol.... Anyways, I'm gonna test this :p

EDIT: It was nice, but had some spelling errors etc.. You better add some cinematics man, cuz randomly popping white text got on my nerve after a while :p
It was rather easy also and how the heck you were supposed to know that the ninja guys should find a lever to open the door? (I just bashed it down, but took some time xD)
At least terrain was rather good and that's one of the things I appreciate in maps :p

Last edited:
Level 36
Actually:
Prince = Khaine Lifeheart.
Demi-God = Nazrim - Destroyer of Life.
Black Elves = ehm.. Black Elves..? xD

And hey I used one of YOUR icons! :p
But yeah, the inspiration of this was a merged story between Arthas and the Humans and Illidan <.< INSPIRATION!!! Nothing else :p

Last edited:
Level 24
Actually:
Prince = Khaine Lifeheart.
Demi-God = Nazrim - Destryer of Life.
Black Elves = ehm.. Black Elves..? xD

And hey I used one of YOUR icons! :p
But yeah, the inspiration of this was a merged story between Arthas and the Humans and Illidan <.< INSPIRATION!!! Nothing else :p

Ofc.. Not like I were saying anything :con:
I lol'd when I saw my icon btw o_O

Level 36
Oh, right.
So, the spelling errors, well, I knew that would come! :p And I'll considre adding some cinematics, also, about the leaver, if you had READ the text that campe when you met the "ninjas" as you call then, proper name being Stalkers, he would've told you that. So, I'll add those things. And the fact that it was easy, well that the point, being the first map in a long campaign and all <.<

Level 36
So, in your oppinion the only thing I need to add is cinematics and have a friend come over and fix the spelling? And then its good? No other suggestions at all? :p

Oh and just before anyone notifyes me, the green boxes seem to be a problem, with the DSBTN or wtf it is, but i had them imported and they seem to show up in the editor, but ingame they wont, only green boxes. So please, dont notify me that their THERE, but rather how I can fix that problem :p

Level 24
1) You gain way too many units compared to the amount you would actually require to kill the enemies
2) The assault thing was way too easy, cause the NPCs can easily own the enemy even without player's help
3) Enemy units are really weak

Level 36
Right, so I've tryed to do something with the errors you notifyed. But still, is there no1 else interested in stating their opinion? I dont mean that your bad xerex :p But it would be nice with more meanings and more people talking :p

Level 36
That really depends on whether you did or did not do every objective. Yes if you want to do the MAIN objective it is kind've short, but there is many optional things to do. But I do agree, it is kind've short :p But its the first lvl ffs! :p

Level 36
Look at the map friend, is there SPACE for a cinematic in the start.. ? And even so, what is the point of having a cinematic in the start, in my opinion that is really not needed. Cinematics is when something SPECIAL happens. And therefor i wont add a cinematic in the start. :p

Level 10
Look at the map friend, is there SPACE for a cinematic in the start.. ? And even so, what is the point of having a cinematic in the start, in my opinion that is really not needed. Cinematics is when something SPECIAL happens. And therefor i wont add a cinematic in the start. :p

Do what you want... It's your map anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.