• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Daughter of the Sea (Jaina Proudmore Campaing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Map name: Chapter 1 - All along the watchtowers

Name of the creator:
Lieper

Summary of the map:
After learning of the scourge at Stratholme, Arthas parts ways with Jaina and Uther. Jaina and Uther must warn the villagers and guards of eastern Lordaron, while dispersing as many plagued crates of grain as possible, and reach the bridge at Darrowmere River without dying.

Map features:
WIP/Feedback of terrain and layout. Nonscripted so far.

Prefix:
Campaign/WIP

What im looking for: Feedback of the terrain and layout
WC3ScrnShot_080920_164456_001.png
WC3ScrnShot_080920_164612_001.png
WC3ScrnShot_080920_164630_001.png
WC3ScrnShot_080920_164643_001.png
WC3ScrnShot_080920_164650_001.png
WC3ScrnShot_080920_164701_001.png

Attachments

• Jaina01.w3m
    4 MB · Views: 132
Level 23
A Jaina based campaign sounds fantastic.

Some feedback just based on the screenshots without playing:

Some more variety of trees would be nice. The inner parts of tree clumps are less important since they will not be seen unless you allow the heroes to walk up on higher terrain giving them field of vision. I see you use quelthalas + blight trees, but mostly I just see the standard lordaeron tree.

On that note, I saw you used blight trees around gnoll/bandit camps. I can understand them being used at the graveyard but I don't see why those two groups would be corrupting the land.

By dispersing, you mean destroy right?

I really like the idea of Jaina warning Lordaeron/ trying to escape. Will there be any part in Kul'tiras where she tries to convince her father to sail to Kalimdor? (I do not know if that actually happened, but I guess she must have tried).

Level 2
A Jaina based campaign sounds fantastic.

Some feedback just based on the screenshots without playing:

Some more variety of trees would be nice. The inner parts of tree clumps are less important since they will not be seen unless you allow the heroes to walk up on higher terrain giving them field of vision. I see you use quelthalas + blight trees, but mostly I just see the standard lordaeron tree.

On that note, I saw you used blight trees around gnoll/bandit camps. I can understand them being used at the graveyard but I don't see why those two groups would be corrupting the land.

By dispersing, you mean destroy right?

I really like the idea of Jaina warning Lordaeron/ trying to escape. Will there be any part in Kul'tiras where she tries to convince her father to sail to Kalimdor? (I do not know if that actually happened, but I guess she must have tried).

Using a blend of Cityscape and Lordaron Summer, but will deff. blend the trees abit more.

The blight at the neutral hostile npcs are at infected crates. I will replace the destroyable crates with tinted green ones.

By dispersing, i mean destroy, yes. Im a danish :p

I will make another thread that will act as a project-thread, where i will go through the chapters.

Status
Not open for further replies.