• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Darrowshire

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This map is a tribute to the Darrowshire questline in world of warcraft. I was inspired to make this map when i heard the song "Darrowshire" by Cranius. And i heard the song several times when i made the map. The only tribute in the map to the quest, is the small ghost Pamela a little north of the Tavern.
This is the first melee map i done, and i would appreciate helpfull posts.

Keywords:
Melee, Darrowshire, Warcraft, Yakonshus, Death, Plaguelands
Contents

Darrowshire (Map)

Reviews
21:41, 6th Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2: Bad terrain to start, too much Blizzard cliffs. Taverns shouldn't be guarded. Some creeps don't have drops at all. I don't like the creep choice for this map aswell, for the tileset. Creeps don't need to be at...

M

21:41, 6th Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Bad terrain to start, too much Blizzard cliffs. Taverns shouldn't be guarded. Some creeps don't have drops at all. I don't like the creep choice for this map aswell, for the tileset. Creeps don't need to be at start positions since it is 1v1. It is balanced since it's symmetrical, however it still has too much problems. Rejected. Use our Map Development Forum to gather on more feedback.

Level 31
Tavern are the only passive structure that should be left unguard.

Item drop inbalance as well since it drop permanent item of any level.

Since this was a 1 vs 1 map, it wasn't necessary to place neutral hostile over the gold mine with the player starting location.

Some of the kobold facing position seems to be random as well.

Resources distribution seems to be acceptable and terrain need more improvement.

2/5 from me.