• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DarkVal'kyrSvH

So, here are the kinda request unit. Reqsuest was making Valkyr with both walking and flaying animations. Animations are used from original valkyr model from world of warcraft. But, mesh is done by me, as much as other works, wrap, using of textures, emmiters, sounds, footsteps, etc.

Also not that i would only take animations, i edited them, so they look much more like warcraft 3 matching animations and also it reduced the filesize of the model heavily. Iam not taking credit for something i havent done, only for what i have done. Please keep that in mind. Enought editation and custom work was done, so i think personaly model should stand for approval. Anyway if there will be any bug, problem, or need of editation, of course ill take it and do it. Two versions of the valkyr was made - one pale and one dark. Also some of the animatiosn were done by me, like death animations, which were not matching really good from the wow models.

This time Dark one, more matching humanlike/viking valkyries of Odin. Using only ingame textures.
Also fully working custom portrait was done, this time, not using wow animations, but W3 ones, based on Warden portrait.

And again, icon makers are welcomed!!! Please I beg you, make an icon for this or any of my models. Thanky ou very much.

Aout credits : Blizzard - animations

Sellenisko (me, for everything else)

Update: I fixed the size of the whole thing, it was freakishly big in the game, now it should be more fitting for the halfgiant of the warcraft universe. Thanks to Misha. One must alwas learna new things!

Update2: Sorry for keep uploading it, but the thing was still freakishly big, iam sorry! I tested before on premade map and scale was not 1.0, so now and for all should be all good and matching W3 units.

Also recommended speed for walking animations is 250.

Icons were made! Several version! this one is an awesome icon made by Sin'dorei300 - Click on the image ;)

Keywords:
Valkyr, Vrykul, Woman, Amazon, Angel of Death, Dark, Armor, World of warcraft, blizzard, dragon staff, northrend, howling fjord, wiking, viking, wik,
Contents

DarkVal'kyrSvH (Model)

DarkVal'kyrSvH (Model)

Reviews
Misha 28th Aug 2013 Moderator's Review: works great ingame, mesh is well made, animations are optimized, proper credit to Blizz is given.. I approve :)

M

88b8c096c14d2181b2e61de7191420f7_67524.png
separator.gif
Misha
separator.gif
28th Aug 2013
Moderator's Review:

works great ingame, mesh is well made, animations are optimized, proper credit to Blizz is given.. I approve :)

Level 4
Very useful. Perfect for anyone making a Northrend project. Please, by all means, spam the site with submissions. As long as they're all about as good as this one, I won't mind at all.

Level 4
What animation speed does her walk need to be to look right? I've toyed around with it some and can't get it to look right, the slowness of that animation is worrysome.

Otherwise a lovely model though. Love the flying anims