• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DarkNight.blp

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is a footman reskinned to look a dark night. This is my first skin, i accept criticism and opinions for update it.

Keywords:
footman dark night
Contents

DarkNight.blp (Texture)

Reviews
Misha 3rd Jul 2013 Moderator's Review: as i said, try maybe making a black metal armor, with your preferred design, and then do all the highlights from the light as red.. that'll make it sinister. and be thorough with changes before you...

M

88b8c096c14d2181b2e61de7191420f7_67524.png
separator.gif
Misha
separator.gif
3rd Jul 2013
Moderator's Review:

as i said, try maybe making a black metal armor, with your preferred design, and then do all the highlights from the light as red.. that'll make it sinister. and be thorough with changes before you update :)

Have a bit of contrast to bring out the detail. The border of the team-colour should be a different vibrant colour. The hand and back of helmet are far too dark almost black.

Nice job for a first try and at least it is not a recolour so stick at it and you'll get some good results.

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Changes are too minimal and I feel the red color shouldn't overlap the metalic parts. 1/5

I think the work and effort put into this is substantial. Its not a re-color. It looks like he remade just about every surface, however, it didn't take well. The borders used don't show on the model. I don't think the red color is a reason to reject it but it does look a bit red. More variation in color would be an improvement. With all art and design contrast is an important aspect that brings out the color and accentuates the strength of an image. For example, if some metal was showing, the red would stand out even more (which is the point of this skin, if I'm not mistaken). The helmet looks standard and not anything like the skin (why is this? I don't think its intentional). The .blp image (skin) looks good as a flat image, but does not look as interesting when wrapped on the model. I vote that this remains pending and that Dalharukn be given some more time to make a few adjustments.

Level 16
I think the work and effort put into this is substantial. Its not a re-color. It looks like he remade just about every surface, however, it didn't take well. The borders used don't show on the model. I don't think the red color is a reason to reject it but it does look a bit red. More variation in color would be an improvement. With all art and design contrast is an important aspect that brings out the color and accentuates the strength of an image. For example, if some metal was showing, the red would stand out even more (which is the point of this skin, if I'm not mistaken). The helmet looks standard and not anything like the skin (why is this? I don't think its intentional). The .blp image (skin) looks good as a flat image, but does not look as interesting when wrapped on the model. I vote that this remains pending and that Dalharukn be given some more time to make a few adjustments.

I'd bother with a decent comment, but he already put it exactly as I would. In addition I'd also suggest you learn how to alpha channel a skin, in example you clearly want those 'cracks' around the shield more realistic, if you alpha a few parts out(learn about alpha channels here:Tutorial made by: Orc-Tamer :vw_unimpressed:
edit:
why the texture of shield doesn't show up? Thanks.

The 'texture' of the shield is team colored(the most part), basically drawing over it has no effect unless you edit the team colored parts of the texture(which you need to learn how to edit different channels).

I'd bother with a decent comment, but he already put it exactly as I would. In addition I'd also suggest you learn how to alpha channel a skin, in example you clearly want those 'cracks' around the shield more realistic, if you alpha a few parts out(learn about alpha channels here:Tutorial made by: Orc-Tamer :vw_unimpressed:
edit:

The 'texture' of the shield is team colored(the most part), basically drawing over it has no effect unless you edit the team colored parts of the texture(which you need to learn how to edit different channels).

Great point. And if you don't have photoshop or another editor that permits use of layers and transparency, then try pixlr.com/editor It works almost as well as photoshop, just remember to save often so you don't lose your work if you accidently close your web-browser.