• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

DarknessChasersII

What has the highest priority for updates? (excluding bugfixes and balance changes)

• A bigger and larger map (/extra locations) + higher Hero level + higher skill level.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • More detailed map + more secrets.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • More items and recipes.

• More/better gamemodes + extras.

• More Heroes.

• A greater variety of enemies/monsters.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
undeadboxart1600x_2.jpg

DarknessChasers 2
Out of Beta now!

Download link:fp: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/darknesschasersiiv1-0-a-153751/?prev=u%3D[K40$]-Spectre

The map:
Choose one of the eight Heroes to rise up against the cruel dictator Death itself. Fight through 7 unique and different different levels, collect legendary items and kill dozens of hordes of undead creatures with up to 4 players! These are the Heroes who volunteer for the job:

138114-albums2567-picture21056.jpg

Features:
- completely custom map.
- new enemies to bash on.
- 8 custom and unique Heroes.
- triggered and unique abilities.
- supports tactical thinking:
* Use traps to your advantage.
* Some abilities work more effective when used in combos.
- max level is now 20.
- new item system:
* You can carry only 1 weapon at a time.
* You can carry only 1 body armor at a time.
* You can carry only 1 shield at a time.
- max hero level is 20.
- difficulty system based on:
* amount of players in the game.
* optional modes (Easy, Hard).
- dozens of custom items and each one unique.
- imported stuff.

necromancer.jpg

This map is open source and must stay open source.
You may use this map in any way as long if you give me Credits and Credits to the following list:

Credits (also in Quest log):
b17rider for Abomination
EvilYardGnome for Warden
FlaminG-HunteR for Mountain King
Hueter for Blademaster
13LUR for EredarRed
HappyTauren for Lich
General Frank for Orc Crossbowman
HeroGlow by assasin_lord
crl for the BloodTarget effect
Tranquil for Snipe Target Green
SantoRayo[iP] for the ghosts model
SantoRayo[iP] for the blood model
Hellish Hybrid for the ShipDebree model
Hellish Hybrid for the Chainpost model
Pyritie for the mist model
DevineArmy for the ghostaura model
Shield Pack by Happy Tauren
Chaos Axe 01 by Pyramidhe@d
RoundShield by -SkatinG_CoW-
Wooden Shield by Xcisso
Thrikodius for many weapon attachments
Rod of Necromancy by NhazUl
crystalsword by Mc !
hiny steel Sword by DerReaper2
Scroll Red by EviL_BuddhA
Potion models by Ket
+ many thanks for all the Splendid Icons!
++ for the handy item editor made by PatruX

Please comment: give usefull comments, critic and ideas and I will update the map. Have fun!:infl_thumbs_up:

Attachments

• Spectre (monster).jpg
    Spectre (monster).jpg
    599.5 KB · Views: 174
  • Waygate.jpg
    Waygate.jpg
    804.8 KB · Views: 124
  • The Heroes.jpg
    The Heroes.jpg
    952.8 KB · Views: 115
  • MiniBoss.jpg
    MiniBoss.jpg
    292.3 KB · Views: 136
  • Gnolls at the guard.jpg
    Gnolls at the guard.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 116
  • The eye is watching us.jpg
    The eye is watching us.jpg
    873.6 KB · Views: 98
  • Jail.jpg
    Jail.jpg
    1,000.2 KB · Views: 111
  • The Arena.jpg
    The Arena.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 119
  • Sword&Shield attachments.jpg
    Sword&Shield attachments.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Level 13
Pve maps are always good.
Choose one of the eight Heroes to rise up against the cruel dictator Death itself. Fight through 7 unique and different different levels, collect legendary items and kill dozens of hordes of undead creatures with up to 4 players!
sounds pretty funny :p actually my current project is nearly using same idea, but there is 12 heroes, its up to 3 players but there is just "only" one castle what is damn big :p and your quest is to fight for your life trough damn castle until you face the Death God :p
I gotta say you could imporve your terrain bit... Good luck this project :D

Please check my project too! Just press the link in my sign.

Level 17
sounds pretty funny :p
, it actually was meant to be serious, oh well :grin:

actually my current project is nearly using same idea, but there is 12 heroes, its up to 3 players but there is just "only" one castle what is damn big :p and your quest is to fight for your life trough damn castle until you face the Death God :p/QUOTE], lol, what a coincidence. The idea of one massive castle is cool, are you making it linear or open?

I gotta say you could imporve your terrain bit... Good luck this project :D
, thanks for the tip, will work on it.

Please check my project too! Just press the link in my sign.
, your terrain looks good and detailed, you could work more on some of the textures of the heroes (e.g. ghoul, hero bloodelf, sylvannes?), the wolf and faceless guy look already cool. It looks though that your map will have a fairly large filesize (custom doodads, skins), be careful with that when your making it multiplayer. We could give each other reviews if you want. By the way, how do you add those images in the [hidden = titel] [/hidden]?

Level 18
[K40$]-Spectre;1396418 said:
your terrain looks good and detailed, you could work more on some of the textures of the heroes (e.g. ghoul, hero bloodelf, sylvannes?), the wolf and faceless guy look already cool. It looks though that your map will have a fairly large filesize (custom doodads, skins), be careful with that when your making it multiplayer. We could give each other reviews if you want. By the way, how do you add those images in the [hidden = titel] [/hidden]?

As for the file size. We are all the time watching that is the size of the map going too high. But as for now.. It is and stays as not too big. I could possibly check the skin stuffs as i've been working on most of them. Thanks for your comment. Even though it's not our projects discussion going in here :p. U have to ask that image thing from Piwlady.. I have no idea.
Though anyways talking about your map. I agree with Piwlady about the terrain it should be worked on. But otherwise it sounds great. Keep on working :)

Level 13
That
-tag images are easy to make just add image to your album and from there you can copy the "bb code" into your hidden tag like this
173034-albums2304-picture20725.png

The skins of the map are bit old but because garshilan is our skinner, he is gonna what he wants to do, i'm can't say what he should do :p They maybe could be better but it's not problem to me otherwise.

I guess the file size WILL be even bigger when we add those damn icons what I have made for it :p but with Widgetizer program or something like that it can be lowered. We will see.

If you need any tips or info or something just ask.

Level 17
As for the file size. We are all the time watching that is the size of the map going too high. But as for now.. It is and stays as not too big. I could possibly check the skin stuffs as i've been working on most of them. Thanks for your comment. Even though it's not our projects discussion going in here :p
, your welcome

Though anyways talking about your map. I agree with Piwlady about the terrain it should be worked on. But otherwise it sounds great. Keep on working :)
, tnx, I will pimp the terrain than ;)

That
-tag images are easy to make just add image to your album and from there you can copy the "bb code" into your hidden tag like this/QUOTE], thanks, it works, +rep.

If you need any tips or info or something just ask.
, will do :D

Level 17
Update 3

Verion 0.3 is now available! And another terrain update.

Changelog

* Even more detailed terrain, e.g. better looking walls like you see in "The Arena" and "Jail" pictures.
Also, I'm thinking about adding 1 extra hero ability to each hero. At the moment each hero has 4 hero abilities and 1 unit ability. If you have any ideas, please spit it out :cwink:.

Level 17
DarknessChasers it out of Beta now!

*New stackable item system for items that use charges.
*Changed the interface a bit.
*Added nice looking models for potions and recipes.
*Improved the terrain a little.
*And most important, fixed many bugs that occurred when using abilities from items.

I also added this map in the "Maps" section from Hiveworkshop.

Enjoy and have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.