• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Cleaned] Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I have looked to SC2mapster as well, but I didn't find the optimal settings for this.

I want to recreate the WarCraft III SetDayNightModels("","") effect. That is, I need pitch black (or null) lighting and everything set on the map to be affected solely by custom light sources (omni-lights/ spotlights or models that have lights internally, such as fire).

I have toyed with a lot of settings and the main component would be lightness, but this affects pretty much everything, even custom lights.

How would I reproduce this effect through the Lighting Editor?

P.S. I will use it in the Cutscene Editor, so if someone could either point me to the right settings or upload their own lighting via Pastebin, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Global -> Ambient Color -> (0,0,0)
Global -> Specular Multiplier -> 0.0
Global -> Emissive Multiplier -> 0.0
Key -> Diffuse Color -> (0,0,0)
Key -> Diffuse Multiplier -> 0.0
Key -> Specular Color -> (0,0,0)
Key -> Specular Multiplier -> 0.0
Fill -> Diffuse Color -> (0,0,0)
Fill -> Diffuse Multiplier -> 0.0
Back -> Diffuse Color -> (0,0,0)
Back -> Diffuse Multiplier -> 0.0

These are all the lights used. All other settings change how light is interpreted. Remember to set editor and game on to extreme as otherwise not all effects may be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.