• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Light Omni(s)s and lighting in general... and mists/tileset

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Dear community,

I find myself in much trouble as I am unable to figure how to use Light Omnis. In line with this I am also not aware of how to place good lighting in my maps. I.e. how to make them look better. What I try to say is may I attach light sources to different doodas so that I can have different minerals glowing etc.?

I am also interested in understanding the art of placing mists. Here is an example of what I am after.

1. Lighting
2. Mists

Yet, I have another question concerning the tilesets. From what I understand the tileset is the set of textures and other stuff (in doodas) attached to one of the terrain styles you can choose when opening a new map.

My question is am I able to set jungle for default and then later use texture from another tileset withouth affecting the rest of the map?

Perhaps terrain editing is pretty basic, but I still need to know some things about it, therefore I ask here.

I hope my questions are clear and understandable.

Level 9
Unfortunetly I dont have SCII at the moment so I can't be more precise.

Go to Data Editor and find Terrains. Something with terrains and find your tileset and you will be able to edit tiles availabe. But there is a limit of 8, I think.

And you should change this before you start terraining as removing existing tile might mess up your map. But I'm not sure, I'll post in a day or two to confirm this.

Status
Not open for further replies.