• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] Dark Summoning Trigger somehow broken..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
  • Teleport
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Teleport (Outbound)
    • Actions
      • Set Point3 = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set Point4 = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Terrain pathing at Point3 of type Walkability is off) Equal to False
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Create 1 Teleport Dummy 2 for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at Point3 facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Add Teleport (Inbound dummy) to (Last created unit)
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Special - Dark Summoning Point4
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point3)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point4)
This trigger was working fine until I updated my map some, then I noticed it stopped functioning. I thought "Hey, maybe I used the dummy for some death event!" So I made a new dummy type for it again, and added new point variables just for it again just to cover any realm of possibility. After triple checking all the ability settings and dummy unit settings, the damn thing still won't work!

Ability: Teleport (Inbound dummy)
99999 cast range
0 cast time
0 mana cost
cast delay: 1.00
500 area of effect
maximum units: 12 (default)
Order String Use/Turn Off: darksummoning (default)
targets allowed: default

Unit: Teleport Dummy 2 (Standard Dummy Unit)
Abilities: Locust, Invulnerable (neutral)
Movement: fly
Movement 522
Vision: 0 day/night

FJSASSDDSAFGSD!!! why won't it work anymore! Somebody help me please! :ogre_rage:

Level 4
what is it this spell is suppose to be doing exactly? I dont get it, I need to know what the full porpuse of the spell is before i can give u an answer

Level 33
You create a dummy unit at target location, then order that unit to target original caster to transport him and the units around it to dummy's location ?

If this what you're trying to do, just use Mass Teleport spell.

Target Location -> Create dummy at both target location and caster's location -> caster's location dummy cast Mass Teleport to the target location dummy -> all arrive.

Level 4
The dark summoning teleport is more suitable for my map. Simply switching to a mass teleport spell instead has crossed my mind, but then I lose the desired effect.

I want the units to be teleported via dark summoning; with all the effects of such to the target area.

The spell is supposed to create a dummy at cast point that casts dark summoning at the location of the caster; summoning up to 12 nearby units via dark summoning to the location of the dummy at 1500 missile speed.

Level 4
The max movement speed of a unit is 522, (dark summoning does 1500), and missiles don't work for unit models. Then of course there's also the multiple instance bugs that come attached to it. How do I replicate dark summoning flawlessly (multi-instance functional) without it being dark summoning, defskull? I think it makes more sense to just fix this trigger...

I got it working again somehow by copying over my backup version from last week. I still haven't identified exactly what was wrong, but my trigger is working now, so..

SOLVED

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.