• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Iron Foehammer

This bundle is marked as awaiting update. A staff member has requested changes to it before it can be approved.
Awakened from my slumber to once again do a short burst of warcraft 3 modelling, I present to you the Foehammer, my attempt at making a Dark Iron Dwarf hero unit using only ingame textures. Learned quite a bit of new tricks making this. Anyway, figured it might be useful to more people than me.

Thanks to @Deolrin and @Vinz for some helpful pointers, and to @frostwhisper for helping with emitters and providing useful feedback.
Previews
Contents

Dark Iron Foehammer (Model)

Reviews
General Frank
It is a very nice model edit, but sadly there are a lot issues and unneeded tracks that could use a lot of optimization: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/resources/dark-iron-foehammer.126285/sanity-check I would also recommend to linearize the animation...

Nyctaeus

Hosted Project: W3E
Level 18
Judging by her choice of attire, I guess Hoehammer would be... More appropriate class name?

Excellent asset. Not clothed/armored enough even for WC3 standard of deep cleavages everywhere, but I'm surprised how you still managed to capture femininity within so few polygons and dwarven body proportions. Hair is particularly clever usage of wrapping and geometry to make an unique hairstyle that looks both feminine, dwarven and lowpoly. I say she's quite attractive and she's a Darkiron, so another contribution to very scarce asset pool of Darkiron models.

Listen dude, I don't know who deleted the rating or why, but if I were to guess I'd bet it is because none of your comments are providing any sort of constructive feedback.
I deleted the rating for the exactly same reason you mentioned.
If you see another bad rating please report it so this situation can get resolved in your favor.

Last edited:
Model is great but the skin seems a bit off, maybe if instead of lowering brightness you could reduce color saturation might give better results
Yea, Dark Iron dwarves are generally depicted as having gray skin. The skin also looks weird under some lighting conditions, where she suddenly turns white for a moment 🧐.