• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Damn you Pacman!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Aaah, this is insane!

So, I got a problem, very annoying problem. Since today is 30th year anniversary of Pacman, Google made a very interesting header, check it out: http://www.google.com/
I played it once and then I went on YouTube, but... I noticed that Pacman sounds are still playing. Okay, I thought it was just lagg or something with my connection, it happens. But, it's still playing... and playing... okay, what the duck? I closed my browser (Firefox) and it was still playing, I waited for like a minute, still playing... something like this never happened before. I decided to restart my computer to see if that will help. No, half a minute after my desktop shows, it's starts to play the sound (and my browser wasn't on this time nor I clicked to open it). Then I tried to Turn Off my computer and come back after some time. When I turned the computer on again, same situation, Pacman sound still playing and I didn't open my browser. I checked if firefox.exe was still running using Task Mannager (ctrl+alt+delete), but no, Firefox was not on.

Do you know what might cause this and how am I able to stop it? I hope this will remove by itself tomorrow because Google probably won't be having the same header.

Level 13
That old fella is 30 years now, he will take revenge for all the times you guys have killed him.

Level 34
I lol'd.

Also: http://www.ghacks.net/2010/05/21/google-pacman-sound-bug/

Google is not only good for playing pacman. Try searching too.
Oh... I was supposed to know that this a common problem, that more people have crappy computer and connection like me, that more people have problems with Google pacman and that there is a sollution for that? Okay.

Well, I tried disabling all the addons and it's still playing. I also tried to remove SOUNDMAN.exe using Task Mannager and then restart, but it's still playing... oh maan... *sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.