• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Damaging with trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm trying to make a spell based on Thunder Bolt. Though it doesn't do any original damage. It stunnes units on all levels, but only on the third level I want it to do damage. Though this damage is over time. 10 damage per second over 15 seconds.

Is it any other spell I can use? If not, how do I solve this with triggers? All my resent tries has only led to that the target unit dies.

Level 11
Why don't you try to create a dummy unit (check FAQ to find out how to create one), give it a custom howl of terror which only decreases the life regeneration rate. It is AoE and you just create the dummy, give it an expiration timer (1.25 seconds is enough) and order it to cast Howl of Terror. Simpler than this...

~Daelin

Level 3
Well, it's not like that. Not if I understood your point right.
What I want is to have the unit to loose 10 points of life per second. The Thunder Bolt never does damage at all. Allmost like the unit is poisend.

Level 3
I just thought that units healed faster with higher life-regeneration. Didn't know I worked backwards.
Well, I created a dummy and gave it a remade Unholy Frenzy. Now the spell workes as I want. ^^

Thanks for your help.

Level 13
shadow1500 said:
just tested it, it duzent give exp/bounty, its a life regeneration decrease not damage over time so it shudent give...

Maybe you should give longer life timed duration to that dummy, I already test on some of spells if the enemy die by the dummy units hand, but the dummy units already gone before, it doesn't gives bounty.

That's why I lil bit confused, cause if i play with Night Elf's Warden and my Shadow Strike's target die after my hero's dead, it still gives bounty. :?

Level 2
You can try, like Leopard said, giving the dummy unit a Shadow Strike , 10 damage per second for the last 15 seconds, with no movement reduction. I think it can work.

Status
Not open for further replies.