• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] [Damage Type] Variable in Conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
If anyone can tell me in which ''condition'' type can I use [Damage Type] Variable? I cant seem to find it.. For Example in trigger:

I have been looking for it too and I guess the only way would be to use a custom damage type detection like what Dr Super Good says.

I think basically you have a variable array (or maybe even just a local variable though you would need to set it every time the trigger runs) called damagetype and then you set the value for each unit in the map and then you can use that variable for your conditions. With this damage types are needed to be custom( you set them and not use the default damage types).

example:

Damagetype[Unit1] = Normal
Damagetype[Unit2] = Flame
etc.....

-->I just thought of this, I haven't tried it yet so I don't think if it will work or how to customize it.

Level 14
If you're referring to
  • Unit - Cause (Triggering Unit) to damage (Picked Unit) for 500.00 of attack type (Normal) and Damage Type (<THIS>)
Then as far as I know, that part of the system wasn't implemented in the editor. As such, the damage type is completely non-existant and as such nothing detects it.

Adiktuz has a good method though by using Array Variables to make up your own damage types.

Status
Not open for further replies.