• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Damage Reduction/Damage Soak (Armor) System - {DIFFICULT}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi, I'm in need of an armor system for my map that goes as follows.

SYSTEM PART 1 =______________________________________________________________________________________________

Armor = 2 * Agility + Hero's Armor

% Damage Reduction = (Armor / (Armor + 400 + 85 * Enemy_Level)) * 100
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This is a percent damage reduction armor system.

SYSTEM PART 2 =______________________________________________________________________________________________

Damage In / Damage Taken = 1 + Armor / (400 + 85 * Enemy Level)
Damage soaked by armor / Actual HP damage taken = Armor / (400 + 85 * Enemy Level)
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
This is a value damage reduction system.

These two damage reduction systems (percent AND value) should be working at the same time in my map. I understand that this system would be difficult to make in Warcraft 3, but I would greatly appreciate the help.

In regards to "Enemy Level", if you scroll down under unit Stats on any unit, not just creeps or heroes, you will see that EVERY unit has a level. That level should be the level used in my system.

I apologize if there was any difficulty in reading or understanding what I wrote, I'm not very good at this :p. Feel free to ask any questions, and I greatly appreciate any efforts towards this system.

Level 4
It sounds like you'll need a damage detection system to build this off of, so that you can respond to damage events and "heal" the damage that is supposed to be reduced. It shouldn't be too difficult to create, but I don't think you'll be able to make the game tell you how much damage reduction you have when you mouse over your unit's armor.

Level 4
You won't be able to use blizzard's regular % damage reduction because you cannot change it to include variables other than armor.

Also, the fact that your calculations all include enemy level means that you'll need to calculate based off of damage events, any other method would include inherent bugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.