• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Damage Over Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey guys, I'll try to be as specific as possible

Basically, I have a base attack of the marine gun and an upgrade that makes it do more vs buildings, but I would rather it just apply a damage over time effect of (lets say 5 per second for 20 seconds)

Short version,

Need an upgrade that makes a Marine's Gun attack apply a DoT to structures only.

Thanks in advance.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Upgrade enables buff behaviour on marine unit that provides on attack functionality.
On attack functionality runs apply behaviour effect if target is a structure (may need validator).
Apply behaviour effect adds damage over time buff behaviour.
Damage over time buff behaviour perodically runs a damage effect, stacks once per unit and has a finite non-refreshing duration.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
How do I make the upgrade enable a behavior on a unit
Using eithor a validator or a requirement.

How do i make the behavior provide on attack functionality
Same way immortal's hardened shield works using a buff behaviour but in reverse. You just change the position of the unit from defender (unit takes a hit) to attacker (unit deals a hit).

Level 5
Okay, I think I messed up somewhere else lol.
How do I make it apply the behavior to the attacked unit?

What I have is a behavior called DoT with an effect to apply the Burn behavior, my problem is it wont apply it to anything, dont have any requirements or validators even on yet

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.