• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dalaran Ruins

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Melee map that I created during long nights of last week in September.
Nothing special but I thought that I can increase Hive's size :)

I would like to mention that I have few maps that ere made in Reign of Chaos World Editor because I was giving them to a friend which has no The Frozen Throne... :)

Keywords:
Dalaran, Ruins, Dalaran Ruins, Runba,
Contents

Dalaran Ruins (Map)

Reviews
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under...

M

Review
Notice & Contact
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.
Terrain & Resources
I hardly see other type of destructible/doodad rather than just a different type of tree and column. The terrain is too flat, you should try to smooth it and add some other destructible/doodad such as flower or weed. And the tree position seems to be quite random.

As for the resources distribution, it seems to be fine till the 2 gold mine at middle having 50k of gold.
Error
Neutral structure position are way to off, inbalance item drop, mass unit placing and wrong facing position. There is still lot's of error about it.
Unit Position & Item Drop
Unit position are very bad, they are too far from the base they guard and some of them have a wrong facing position. And you placed too many creep to guard a structure especially the 2 gold mine. The place is quite inbalance as it close to the dragon roost as well. Wihtout a valid reason, those 2 gold mine should keep quite a far distance.

As for the item drop, it is still not quite balance especially when you make too many unit guarding a neutral structure drop powerful item especially the dragon roost.
Packaging & Description/Information/Detail
Packaging and description are way too bad. There is no story or information about the map that could lure or attract the interest of player to download and enjoy it.
Quality & Hiveworkshop Rules
Quality are extremely weak and not ready for approval although it follow the hiveworkshop rules.
Overall Review
When a map have a custom unit/item, it is no longer a melee map. Please remove the custom granite golem and merchant. Plenty of weakness at terrain, resources distribution, unit position and item drop as well.

This map is not ready for approval, any user would vote this map a rating 1 due to the poor quality. If Gilles, Rui or Ash saw this map, I afraid you cannot swallowed their comment.
Positive & Negative Point
[+] -
[!] -
[-] -
Septimus Score System
Awful: 1-10
Unacceptable : 11-30
Lacking : 31-49
Useful : 50-69
Recommend : 70-90
Highly Recommend : 91-100
Director Cut : 101-105
Sub-Zero : 106+
Rating
1) Terrain - 3
2) Error - 1
3) Unit Position & Item Drop - 1
4) Packaging & Description/Information/Detail - 1
5) Quality & Hiveworkshop Rules - 12
Rating & Miscellaneous information
Score - 18/100
Moderator Rating - 1/5
User Rating - 1/5
Condition - Unacceptable
Status - Review
Review - 1
Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else. Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.

Level 31
Review
Notice & Contact
This map had been examined by Alexis Septimus. If you think this map review is not accurate or require another review, feel free to contact Alexis Septimus. But, map would only be review again for second time and also for the last time unless under certain circumstances. It would be selfish to request constantly a mod/admin to keep review your map as there is many other maps waiting for approval as well.

However, if you still insist of another review after it had been review for second time. Feel free to contact other admin.

To contact Alexis Septimus, please click this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.
Terrain & Resources
I hardly see other type of destructible/doodad rather than just a different type of tree and column. The terrain is too flat, you should try to smooth it and add some other destructible/doodad such as flower or weed. And the tree position seems to be quite random.

As for the resources distribution, it seems to be fine till the 2 gold mine at middle having 50k of gold.
Error
Neutral structure position are way to off, inbalance item drop, mass unit placing and wrong facing position. There is still lot's of error about it.
Unit Position & Item Drop
Unit position are very bad, they are too far from the base they guard and some of them have a wrong facing position. And you placed too many creep to guard a structure especially the 2 gold mine. The place is quite inbalance as it close to the dragon roost as well. Wihtout a valid reason, those 2 gold mine should keep quite a far distance.

As for the item drop, it is still not quite balance especially when you make too many unit guarding a neutral structure drop powerful item especially the dragon roost.
Packaging & Description/Information/Detail
Packaging and description are way too bad. There is no story or information about the map that could lure or attract the interest of player to download and enjoy it.
Quality & Hiveworkshop Rules
Quality are extremely weak and not ready for approval although it follow the hiveworkshop rules.
Overall Review
When a map have a custom unit/item, it is no longer a melee map. Please remove the custom granite golem and merchant. Plenty of weakness at terrain, resources distribution, unit position and item drop as well.

This map is not ready for approval, any user would vote this map a rating 1 due to the poor quality. If Gilles, Rui or Ash saw this map, I afraid you cannot swallowed their comment.
Positive & Negative Point
[+] -
[!] -
[-] -
Septimus Score System
Awful: 1-10
Unacceptable : 11-30
Lacking : 31-49
Useful : 50-69
Recommend : 70-90
Highly Recommend : 91-100
Director Cut : 101-105
Sub-Zero : 106+
Rating
1) Terrain - 3
2) Error - 1
3) Unit Position & Item Drop - 1
4) Packaging & Description/Information/Detail - 1
5) Quality & Hiveworkshop Rules - 12
Rating & Miscellaneous information
Score - 18/100
Moderator Rating - 1/5
User Rating - 1/5
Condition - Unacceptable
Status - Review
Review - 1
Reminder
The map might not be fully tested, if any user of the map found bug/error or anything else. Feel free to contact Alexis Septimus by clicking this
new_mail.png
Visitor Message.