• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dalaran Peasant

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
This is rather an old model of mine from when I was aiming on creating alternate appearances for all the Human units to make them appear like different member states of the Alliance. This was the second Peasant I made for this purpose, the first being the Kul Tiras Worker found for download on this website.

I am not planning on any new additions or changes to this model since I rarely touch modding tools anymore, but I wanted to get some of my finished models out there for the public to use.

I do realise that to some this is a relatively simplistic model, but it was done that way on purpose so that it would fit the role it was designed to have; it is a head switch geomerge with a new texture and an altered pickaxe model which has been made to give the appearance of it being forged of solid magic. Hopefully someone will find use for this.

Keywords:
Peasant, Human, Dalaran, Dalarani, Kirin, Kirin Tor, Eye, Magic
Contents

Dalaran Peasant (Model)

Dalaran Peasant (Model)

Reviews
21:30, 20th Apr 2013 Misha: don't put texture paths in imaginary folders >_> makes everyone's model implementing harder

M

21:30, 20th Apr 2013
Misha: don't put texture paths in imaginary folders >_> makes everyone's model implementing harder

Level 15
It's too simple and it can be done with in-game textures.

It can? Please enlighten me on how you can completely change the head part of the model, and the pick axe with added transparency to give it a crystalline appearance through in-game textures. Prove to me how it can be done, as far as I can tell, there is no way to use in-game textures to edit a model, plus surely using only in-game textures makes it even more simple which goes against your first part of your comment.

Don't make a statement like "it's too simple and can be done with in-game textures" without backing it up with evidence.

Level 5
i'm not crazy about the pick to be honest

the concept of it just seems a bit weird, a crystal hammer for working?