• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Customizing spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
How to make E.G. frost nova which gives 20xlevel of caster damage? Or how to set the time when a unit is freezed to current lvl of caster. This is used in map named Custom hero arena. I like it and im trying to make something similar. Pls help

Level 6
Here is an Trigger for the Damage per Level, i dont know how to set the length of freeztime. The casted Spell should not do any Dmg, and the areas of the Damage should be the same as the area of the real Spell. Hope this helped you a bit.

• NovaSpell
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit begins, casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) equal Frost-Nova
    • Action
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at (Target point of ability being cast), dealing (20.00 x (Real((Level of (Triggering unit))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Cold

Level 11
This will look strange, cause it damages the target instantly, and not when the projectile hits the unit. Use a wait, and calculate the wait time:

Wait (Distance between Caster and Target / Projectile speed) seconds

As for the freezing thing, use a dummy unit to cast a freezing ability that has many levels.
OR
Set the hero ability's duration to a big number, and in the trigger, just do this:

Set TargVar = Target Unit Of Ability Being Cast
Wait (Level of Triggering Unit * x) seconds
Remove Slowed buff from TargVar

But don't forget, this won't be MUI!!!

Level 2
Wait (Distance between Caster and Target / Projectile speed) seconds
If the wait is to small then it will, in multiplayer, wait longer. I think the lowest wait is about a half second, but im not sure.
And if the damage is after the projectile it would look as wierd as if it was before.

Level 2
hey I tried this with a storm bolt based skill and it doesn't work becuase I can't find the Real thing in the list of things:witch_doc_sad: :witch_doc_sad: :witch_doc_sad: :witch_doc_sad: :witch_doc_sad: :witch_doc_sad: :witch_doc_sad:
You mean ordering the dummy to cast a spell? use the base order id, or w/e it's called. If you based it on storm bolt, use "human mountain king - stormbolt"

Level 2
what i ment was i couldn't find "Real" under the list of things (Ex = Region, Arithmatic, Math, Unit) but i figured it out.. ^_^ thanks anyway:thumbs_up:
Heh i just thought u meant "the real thing", like saying "the right thing"
gring.gif

Level 40
Just to point something out, Damage Area will damage allies, and even the caster, without mercy, so this will be significantly off the effect you actually wish to achieve for a custom damage Frost Nova, etc.

To get a more accurate representation you can enumerate all the enemies within [radius] that are enemies of the Triggering Unit to a group (cleaning up the leak, of course), and then damage each unit individually

And waits will always suck for projectile collision detection, since they dont take into account the fact that the target unit may move.

Status
Not open for further replies.