• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Custom Order Triggering?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Somebody told me I could use custom orders... I want to do it so I can make computer players cast certain spells, but only certain pre-made spells are there... Any help?:confused:

Level 5
If you create for example from Chain Lightning a custom spell and name anything you want and change stuff that it deals 20000 damage and jumps up to 12 people.

If you want to order some unit to cast this spell it's just done by the original order action, example for the Chain lightning i said:
  • Unit - Order Unit(you want it to do) to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning Target(target unit to cast it)
Meaning the order is same as the base ability you made the custom ability from

Level 5
  • Order YOURUNIT to cast YOURABILITY on YOURAREA/UNIT

that was really helpful for him lol.
please read the topic first and understand his problem.

do it just like AlienMaker said, jsut remember which spell is what type of spell, for example
Tauren Chieftain's Stomp is an immeditate (meaning a non-target) spell
Far Seers Chanelightning is an single target spell

Level 4
If you create for example from Chain Lightning a custom spell and name anything you want and change stuff that it deals 20000 damage and jumps up to 12 people.

If you want to order some unit to cast this spell it's just done by the original order action, example for the Chain lightning i said:

Unit - Order Unit(you want it to do) to Orc Far Seer - Chain Lightning Target(target unit to cast it)

Meaning the order is same as the base ability you made the custom ability from

Thanks for the help, but with this I'll have to redo all my spells...

Order YOURUNIT to cast YOURABILITY on YOURAREA/UNIT

That doesn't really answer my question... I meant I can't make it so I set my ability. I can only set the "YOURUNIT" and "YOURAREA/UNIT" you said...

Level 6
If i were to cast a starfall that make a chain lightning on etch hit, i should modify the chain lightning just like alien said and make invisible dummys apear and cast it on EVERY starfall hit??

Level 4
I also got the same problem, i downloaded a spell here and I dont really know what it is based on, it's called Ion cannon, downloadable on this site.

Level 5
you can easily see of what the ability is based on.
press ctrl+d in the object editor, then you see the raw codes of your abaility:
the first one is the id of your spell
the second id is the base ability
then jsut look for the spell that has this base id.
(is this vica-verse? i#m unsure now)

and actually you could also look at the string command in the ability if it is not changed.

or when i think of it now: it's easier to just set the name of the ability back to default and look the normal name >.>

greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.