• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Custom map players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
Hello there I'm just asking if anyone in your neighborhood plays custom maps other than DotA. Here in our place no one plays custom maps except for DotA. I can't even find one in our university. It feels rather lonely I guess (HA!) maybe no one is interested.

Level 32
Battle.net (makemehost.com/entgaming.com bots + diplomunion.com) is strong non DotA related maps. There's been an increase in med/large scale strategy maps lately, but I can assure you there is a nice variety of maps on b.net nowdays.

Last edited:
Level 4
There are plenty of people at entgaming. Check out the website. They have a games list where they show who is in what game lobby and who is playing. I use US East.

Level 4
I play island defense mostly, me and my clan usually play risk though.

The only customs I see are usually "test" or empty lobbies from the bots. Some customs do get full lobbies though, like island defense for instance is full every 10 minutes. Lotr risk and risk Devo fill up pretty fast.

I dont see many hive games unfortunately, the site needs to rent a 24/7 bot and promote some of its games.

Level 4
Hive games can easily be hosted for free, and I suggest more people use B.net and start clans to plan when to play games together.

Level 32
StarGreen said:
clan usually play risk though.
Which clan is this? I'm part of one, but I want to know yours :ogre_hurrhurr:

StarGreen said:
I dont see many hive games unfortunately, the site needs to rent a 24/7 bot and promote some of its games.
This is because the Hive Workshop community isn't predominantly battle.net based, Garena based, nor Gameranger based. It seems split. Map creators will host their maps on their respective servers they usually play on. Since it's split, only a handful of Hive Workshop maps will appear on each server.

About the concept of Hive Workshop becoming a Battle.net hosting hub, I'm not sure if that would be the greatest idea. There are already a few out there. Maybe partnerships (like mmh + ent + diplo + more) would work, but that's something to discuss for another day :)

Level 5
I'm generally confused about this thread. I can log onto battle.net any day of the week and host a non DoTA map through MakeMeHost.com and have it filled in 10 - 20 minutes, less if I have friends that are on or if its a really popular map.

Level 4
Which clan is this? I'm part of one, but I want to know yours :ogre_hurrhurr:

Im a Shaman at Clan BhoR on US East, stop by the channel say hi and play a game. Maybe get a clan battle ;)
This is because the Hive Workshop community isn't predominantly battle.net based, Garena based, nor Gameranger based. It seems split. Map creators will host their maps on their respective servers they usually play on. Since it's split, only a handful of Hive Workshop maps will appear on each server.

Ah, I have seen a few map makers do some map testing but I never see regular games which is unfortunate; some of the better maps aren't even known. I mean, all of these regular games aren't even updated; yet classics. A real pity.
About the concept of Hive Workshop becoming a Battle.net hosting hub, I'm not sure if that would be the greatest idea. There are already a few out there. Maybe partnerships (like mmh + ent + diplo + more) would work, but that's something to discuss for another day :)

Another day then :) ill hop on the donation train if it means showcasing Hives Great maps via battlenet. Definitely try not to forget the idea.

Deleted member 242951

D

Deleted member 242951

I play both DotA 1 and custom maps however my friends only play DotA 2

Level 32
Most of the students in our college play DotA 2 and LoL. But sometimes I see other people play Farmer vs. Hunter, Bleach vs Naruto and DotA 1.

I only know two in my High School that plays Warcraft 3 (California, USA). That doesn't stop me from playing loads of custom games at my request. Find an online community. I'm part of Hive, Diplomunion.com, and Makemehost.com (As a chatango-er). I'm also part of a clan and I have a batch of friends on battle.net.

That all being said, I'm usually playing solo in random games that show up without having to wait for long. There is a more variety of maps compared to 2010-2012 battle.net in my opinion.

If you don't use b.net, I'll tell you this. I think if you find an active community, you'll find the games your looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.