• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Heroes with AI

Level 2
So I mostly play custom melee maps with my son. I added 4 heroes for each race a couple of them I also swapped abilities on. IE I gave lich to human and instead of figure out how to make dark ritual work with human units I just gave him siphon mana. So i have a set of object data and a basic set of triggers that I can import both of those then add the 16 custom heroes to gameplay constants and for humans all is now well. I would also like a matching AI file that allows them to train the off race heroes and use their abilities correctly. Should I download AMAI would that make this easier? I see the ai window where i set % odds to train and I feel like its not only a bit limited I have not yet been able to make it work. Maybe i can somehow bypass that and just have some trigger that makes the ai randomly train any trainable unit form the alter at each tier? I pretty much just copied off race heroes as custom units and added them to the proper alters. I would also love if they could train tavern heroes but that's not my first priority. What is my best angle of attack here is there a nice tutorial on how ot get this done or is my best bet that ai tool?