• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Spell] Custom gold mining

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 38
Is there any way to do the whole custom thing about harvesting gold like lumber is harvested? I mean, peon attacking with gold animation to the source of gold (gold ore or mine) and than return to the base with gold on his back and golds are increased when he drops it on the base? I saw many posts, but never quite finished about this topic.

I had a few ideas, but none of them worked. One big unfinished i found here - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/custom-gold-mining-225291/ This is actual thing i would like to have and iam definitely sure, many people would like it too. It would help many people even with ther things like harvesting crystals instead of gold and so on.

Please, is there any way how to do such a thing?

Level 16
Level 38
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/gui-custom-resource-harvest-system-1-05-a-225610/

I reckon that you can configure this to gold instead. This is GUI so it shouldn't be very hard I guess?

edit

In the OHS Return trigger, add a line to increase the player's current gold. For crystals or other resources, this would fit even better :D

Thanks, il try that and let you know.

----------------------------

Ok, so it is basicly working. I guess it needs just a little edits. Like you said - adding resources like gold, perhaps creating something like gold vault for gathering resources and one thing, most important - making the units play proper animations, like attack gold, walk gold when returning and stand gold if stopped during that....and work gold when ordered building or repairing...basicly just use gold animation set when ordered to mine and after... I guess ill have to contact original author. I hope he will help, my skills are far from doing such things.

Level 16
Thanks, il try that and let you know.

----------------------------

Ok, so it is basicly working. I guess it needs just a little edits. Like you said - adding resources like gold, perhaps creating something like gold vault for gathering resources and one thing, most important - making the units play proper animations, like attack gold, walk gold when returning and stand gold if stopped during that....and work gold when ordered building or repairing...basicly just use gold animation set when ordered to mine and after... I guess ill have to contact original author. I hope he will help, my skills are far from doing such things.

I wish you the best of luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.