• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Custom Damage for Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello,
i would like to create a hero spell:

"creates 2 wolves that last for 30 secs. their damage will depend on the characters int"

how can you change the damage values for units in a easy way ? I didnt find anything usefull.

Hope you can help me

Shapy

What if you make your spawned wolves to heroes (which won't gain exp), and not normal units. Then you simpy could change the damage attribute to your needs.

There is a sysetm called "Bonus Mod". You can modify different things with it, also the damage: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/graveyard-418/system-bonus-mod-setunitmaxstate-65622/
It's in Garveyard, but if I remember correctly, a friend used it some time ago without having problems.

An other way would be working with upgrades, that modifies the unit's damage. But as it would depent on the heroe's int, this isn't really a good option for you.

sentrywiz

S

sentrywiz

@IcemanBo has a good solution, but if you want something easier you can:

- Make X wolf spells ( say you create 2 )
- In triggers you check hero int ( say you check if int less than 50 )
- If hero int less than 50, create weaker wolves IF greater than 50 create stronger wolves

You can make any number of wolf spells or levels in the spell, make the wolves tougher and then check for any number of intelligence conditions to decide which wolves to summon

Just my two cents. And it doesn't change much, unless you want a accurate spell which literally adds damage to wolves depending on hero int

Status
Not open for further replies.