• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Custom Cliff Tile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ok, im not even sure if or how you can do this but what I want is to remove the tile (the wood) at the bottom of the cliff (check out the image).

Lichemperor

http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj215/Lichemperor/?action=view&current=WoodCliffImage01.jpg

I would do it myself but it's one of the textures that cannot be made transparent through photo editing programs.

So advice on what to do here or an offer to do this for me would be welcome.

Last edited:
Level 4
I dont' think you can. Every cliff has a tile that comes with it. It doesn't overlay the tile it is above, it replaces it completely. To make it invisible would leave gaps in the ground. Sorry.

I;m not so sure that it would leave gaps cos when I put view pathing ground on and then I place unbuildable tile under the area I want removed, blue 'meaning unbuildable' shows up. So i'm guessin that it might be possible to make the part I want removed transparent but then see the other tile beneath it...
Oh, and likewise, when I place a buildable tile beneath it will remove the blue.

But then again, the cliff isn't a model is it.... so i'm not sure

But that offer to change the tile is good enough cos I'm not very good with cliff tiles but are you using photoshop or, I think it's the WC3 viewer or something...

.KC

.KC

Level 8
Hmm dont know if this will be a help. But I know every cliff type is a model(mdx) you can find in the mpq. And you can edit the cliff in gmax/3dsmax and reimport it in we, and the cliff will look different.

Level 4
It is a model? hope ur right m8 cos this coudl really help, ty, ill go have a look now...
btw if anyone knows its exact location incase I don't find....

Level 4
Hey thanks, I found em already and I'm just editing now (first time i've done more than skinning for wc3) so wish me luck:thumbs_up:

Ok, i've had a shot at this and I don't like the results...

Lichemperor

http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj215/Lichemperor/?action=view&current=CliffTest.jpg

I'm not sure exactly where the rest of the cliff is (other corners etc.) or why the ground on them is not short but i do know now that I will just have to change the skin.
But I have a problem there too:hohum:
I don't know where the ground tile, that's beside the cliff but cannot be removed is... (the part like on the image that is still there, even where I have shortened thecliff base) How hard can this be:confused:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.